Draw Advocates...

Discussion in 'Arkansas Flyway Forum' started by In Close, Nov 26, 2016.

1. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Maybe do it like zoning for public school. Hunt the WMA you are zoned for.

In all seriousness, if I lived in AR, and didn't count on license fees for my paycheck, I'd be all for limiting nonresidents.

Hugatree likes this.
  2. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

Oh I'm sure I would be, too. Public duck areas are overcrowded (not just in Ark BTW), and nonresidents are an easy target for frustration. If/when they restrict OOSers on public land and it fails to reduce the crowds, the next call for action is gonna be to restrict 501 area coders. Y'all heard it here first.

Hugatree likes this.
  3. Hugatree

Hugatree Elite Refuge Member

The last son wants to go to Fayetteville to school in 2018. If he does, we'll pull the Dallas stakes up and move back to AR. I work remote so as long as I am close to LR National, I can make it work.

In the meantime, I'll hunt Bayou Meto as long as I can and if it comes to a draw, I'll outfit myself to run the Cache and the White.

Until the character of these up and comers changes, y'all are going to have nothing but heartburn when it comes to hunting popular WMA's with or without out of staters like me. I've seen some of the rudest,
    White trash, poorly raised sap suckers in my life the last two seasons. It goes straight back to terrible parents.

Your state agencies will continue to clamor for those put of state dollars and will the many businesses built around those 60 Arkansas Winter days. Like I've said many times here: hunting is a rich man's sport. We are the only society on earth where we commoners can hunt at will. The folks calling the shots aren't fighting for a place to hunt. I can't blame you for wanting to do everything possible to improve your odds including an OOSER draw or outright ban.

4. 3inch3's

3inch3's Illinois Forum Moderator Moderator

Which is the same guy that will be placing the stake you have to hunt by or drawing "pool" boundaries where you and X number of other groups have to stay in..... I've seen stakes that just make you scratch your head......

Hugatree likes this.
  5. smashdn

smashdn Elite Refuge Member

No one under 35 allowed to hunt without being accompanied by someone at least 60 and willing to swing a boat paddle at someone.

Bama.Hunter, 3inch3's and Hugatree like this.
  6. Hugatree

That's the most logical statement I've heard on this yet.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  7. mmayes

mmayes Diver Forum Mod Moderator

Smash, how much you been hunting down there in the last few years? What have you been seeing on the boat races and over crowding?

Mayes

8. Hugatree

I can tell you. It's chaos.

9. recker999

recker999 Senior Refuge Member

You mean the group of five or six 25 year olds who just bought a brand new rig and show up and shoot at anything that is 80-100 yards high? And they all shoot at once and make sure to unload three apiece so 18 shots go off and the ducks fly away. I once talked to a group here in Minnesota who must of shot 3 boxes apiece and when they came into the landing I asked how they did. They said well we did not get any ducks because our shooting was off today. LOL so they shot 9 boxes and did not get one duck.

10. recker999

recker999 Senior Refuge Member

Why do they suck? Isn’t the success on these places pretty good?