Dresser Island

Discussion in 'Missouri Flyway Forum' started by bsktball55, Oct 21, 2018.

1. bsktball55

bsktball55 Senior Refuge Member

My buddies and I have access to one of the blinds on Dresser Island. We haven't had a chance to get up there yet to check it out, but does anyone know if it is flooded right now? And we were also trying to figure out the best way to get to the blind, we hunted up there a couple years ago on the main slough where the ramp is and were able to take the boat there no problem. This time we are on the inner slough. Is the inner slough deep enough for a 16ft flat bottom john boat with a 25 horse motor? We are trying to decide if we would be able to take that boat or if we would be better off dragging a little plastic

2. Pastor

Pastor Senior Refuge Member

3. DEADEYE

DEADEYE Elite Refuge Member

Its flooded and will be for a couple of more weeks

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  4. bsktball55

bsktball55 Senior Refuge Member

Thanks, I knew the Missouri was flooded, but didn't know if it was flooded north of the Missouri or not. Any idea if the inner slough is typically deep enough to run a boat in?

5. WuChang

WuChang Elite Refuge Member

Depends on what blind you are trying to get to

The original haul over channel probably should be deep enough but No telling since they did the cut

They spent a lot of money to levee the damn place and then dynamite to blow all the sediment out of the holes
    Built haul over ramp that sounded good and was marginal in action

So what do they do?
    Cut the levee and make it dependent on the water level in Brickhouse Slough—-which then is dependent on the COE’s idea of winter pool and the main navigation channel

In the end you are just going to have to wait until the Mississippi goes down and see for yourself

Good luck because there are only a handful of blinds that produce and every yahoo that thinks he can highball will be trying to call them off the blinds that traditionally get ducks

6. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Sponsor Flyway Manager

^^^^ What he said !!
    Think there's like two or three blind locations that actually produce some results out there.

7. captaininsano050

captaininsano050 Senior Refuge Member

Is there anything to stop a boat from popping up the blind right in front of the blind you "drew" to hunt Dresser?

8. DEADEYE

DEADEYE Elite Refuge Member

You have to hunt from the blind site/stake.

9. captaininsano050

Ok, but a boat on the river could pop up in front of you, right? Or are all the blind sites not part of the river? Not that I'd ever hunt there anyways.

10. captaininsano050

Ok, but a boat on the river could pop up in front of you, right? Or are all the blind sites not part of the river? Not that I'd ever hunt there anyways.