Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

Driving too slow.

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by joe117, Feb 27, 2017.

1. joe117

joe117 Elite Refuge Member

Maryland just passed a law against slowing traffic by driving slow in the left lane.
    I'm all for that and I will happily be one of those who drives well over 90 mph on the highway when possible.
    I will not be the one who holds up traffic.

But, will the police give me a break and allow me to drive way over the posted limit?

The Other David likes this.
  2. Mr_Mallard

Mr_Mallard Senior Refuge Member

90 on 95 will get you pulled over in a heart beat through cecil county

im with you if i can run 85 90 all the way down 95 im for it just hate when you come up to the idiot only going 60
    They did a good thing passing that

3. joecitrano

joecitrano Senior Refuge Member

Up north the left lane is for passing only ( as it's also intended here) and if your caught just cruising in it when you could get over to the right you'll get a ticket

4. joe117

As I said, no one will be stuck behind me.
    I just want to know what will happen when I blast by a radar trap in my Corvette at 95 mph.

What is the speed limit?

5. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

Amazing, the driving culture differences between the US and Germany. Back a number of years ago my wife and I visited Germany. We rented a brand new Volkswagen Golf that was the first year of the new design, it had just come out. We were delayed in Frankfurt at the rental agency and I tried to get a free upgrade for an Audi for our delay, but they only could give us the new Golf to appease the American. Drove from Frankfort to the Alps, incredible country. Ran the Autobahn. Had that pizzant 4 banger, manual shift, up to 120 mph only to have a young couple dressed black leather pass me on a BMW. I repeat ON a BMW. Loved that road. Loved the intense duty of instinctively knowing how to properly drive it. Long lane changes to pass at that speed, long distances between cars, let the turn signal blink a good number of times before you made your move. Total respect for what you were doing, the responsibility that went with it, and the freedom Germany gave you on those long stretches where you simply " went for it".
    Now I drive Interstate 95 in Virginia. Fredericksburg to Richmond. Speed limit 70 and everyone is doing 80 , 85, 90. And they haven't a freakin clue of distances between vehicles, turn signals, nothing but speed.

6. Ruination

Ruination Senior Refuge Member

All you have to do is look at car ownership to understand why and how that is possible.

7. H20DAD

H20DAD Elite Refuge Member

Come try and drive here in Latin America aka Miami. A turn signal is used only when you want someone in the other lane to rush up and block you. It's machismo driving down here. Totally psychotic.

8. The Other David

The Other David Elite Refuge Member

Corvettes have a low radar signature and aren't detected as far out as steel cars are detected. Get a good radar detector and you should be OK. Most of the time...

9. joe117

I had a Valentine 1 but when I sold my 94 Viper I let the detector go with it.
    At the time, the Valentine was the best. As I recall, I paid about $500 for it.

I just want to know how fast I can go in a 70 mph zone without the cops ticketing me.

10. Bwana1

Bwana1 Elite Refuge Member