Drop-away or whisker biscuit

Discussion in 'Bow Hunting Forum' started by Green is Gold, Jun 4, 2008.

1. RETRO

RETRO Elite Refuge Member

Jon just let them think that the WB does not affect arrow flight;) :tu Set one up it takes longer to tune that a dropaway and I don't mean square it up..

2. Raul G

Raul G Elite Refuge Member

For those of you who use the WB, it was suggested to me to put a small bead of glue on the forward edge of each blazer vane (that's what I have on my arrows) to close the small angled gap between the vane and the arrow shaft and reduce or prevent friction/wear. Has anyone done this and what type of glue did you use? I am a novice with a compound and traditional two prong rest looking to upgrade with a WB. I like the "containment" idea of the WB.

3. wingmastr23

wingmastr23 Elite Refuge Member

My drop away has full containment all the time..... I don't have to put extra glue on the fletchings....AND, it took me about 15 minutes to set up.

4. wingmastr23

wingmastr23 Elite Refuge Member

Another think that is kinda crazy.....on one hand, people say that the WB doesn't effect arrow flight or have drag....but on the other, they say to put an extra drop of glue on the fletching to keep them from being torn off the shaft.....Hmmmm..:z

5. itallushrt

itallushrt Elite Refuge Member

was using the original shakey hunter which didn't have any containment, etc. Decided to go to a WB for hunting situations. Talk about a let down. Yes, my arrow isn't going anywhere if I drop my bow, but who cares. As has already been stated ... fletchings ripped off, less accurate, blah blah. I'm back to the drop away!!!!

6. Don Dean

Don Dean Elite Refuge Member

I too am new too this sport and I posted the very same question on archery talk and 90% of them recommended the Wisker there opinion was arrow speed loss of 2-3 fps was worth the switch. They also made a point of explaining dropaway's having moving part's and greater chance of failure. Again were talking hunting here not target shooting or 3-D! So who's right on this one, A mechanical drop away? or wisker bisket?:sp

7. Ruff

Ruff Elite Refuge Member

What ever gives you the most confidence. For me it's the QAD I have full confidnece in this rest that it will allow me to thread the needle if needed.

8. RETRO

RETRO Elite Refuge Member

There are very lil moving parts in drop aways rest to worry about them breaking..I lived in Maryland for 5 yrs I hunted on a Asseteage Island I had the Atlantic ocean on my east and the assawoman bay on my west..I had tto tromp through the marsh to get to my spots..Using a nap quick tune rest and my bow rusting every year..I had to replace all screws due to rust..Never had a problem with it...So nothing to worry about with drop aways..I would rather use the old TM hunter with a cheap spring than a WB:tu

9. lanzi

lanzi Senior Refuge Member

Im not sure alot has been covered well my thougts are WB does slow arrow speed, but a drop away has more stuff to go wrong and to vibrate so its a toss up if i only had them 2 to choose from I would go with a WB .I myself will stick with my prong rest its been fine for years so no problam no change:)

10. GreenHead Crazy

GreenHead Crazy Senior Refuge Member

Drop away