DSD Decoy make a difference?

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunters Forum' started by fallsflight, Apr 12, 2009.

1. mad dog

mad dog Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

DSD's are good....but if your decoy doesn't have turkey semen on it, your not hunting!
    [​IMG]
    Showing his last disrespects to the Boss!
    [​IMG]
    Courting the stuffer.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Mounting Magda!
    [​IMG]
    The Boss
    [​IMG]

2. spaightlabs

spaightlabs Elite Refuge Member

Looky what my DSD Jake brought in today...:tu

[​IMG]

3. MATTB/S

MATTB/S Senior Refuge Member

When you purchase a DSD you recieve an individual over the shoulder bag for the hen, and a multi-deke over the shoulder bag with the jake. I too was wondering how mobile I would be with the decoys, but aside from a little time pulling them out of the ground and putting them in a bag, I see no significant difference. 1 bag-across your back-won't even notice it:tu

Awesome Band!!!

4. gbrownlee

gbrownlee Senior Refuge Member

Are you hunting in your backyard??:eek:

5. mad dog

Horse pasture about a 1/2 mile from my house. :tu

6. DEC

DEC Elite Refuge Member

I hunt over both the DSD jake and hen. I can't say enough for the realism and what it does to a turkey when he or she sees them. I've been hunting turkeys a long time and killed plenty over no dekes, foamies, and rubber dekes. Any deke will work ... but I've never seen turkeys consistently go love sick stupid from a deke as I have my DSD's. The only other decoy that I've had such luck with is an Ol' Tom Casanova with a real jake tail in substitution of the DSD jake.

As far as how to carry them. I bow hunt birds, so I pack in a blind, chairs, video equipment, and all they typical stuff and still have no problem carrying both DSD's or a strutter and the DSD hen. If running both DSD's, I put each one inside an old T-shirt (to keep them from banging on each other) and stuff them in the DSD jake bag. Simple and easy. If hunting with a strutter like Casanova or a B-mobile, I take the DSD hen, put her in an old T-shirt, then put her inside the body of the strutter, and then throw them in a standard decoy bag. Pretty simple really.

7. gbrownlee

Lucky man! My parents live out on a place where I can hunt deer but unfortunatly there are not birds there. Growing up I would hunt deer before school almost every day but couldnt really get in a good hunt in that short amount of time. If only we had turkeys! Congrats on a great tom.

8. gbrownlee

9. mad dog

That's my oldest son in the picture, he's the one that took the pic's and took the bird. Our neigbor has a newborn colt in one section of the pasture so guns are out! Makes a nice archery spot! :tu The pasture runs up over a ridge to where the birds roost, it only looks close to the house in the background because that is where he stopped to get a picture.

10. mad dog

DSD's are great decoys, I have about $10,000 worth of DSD goose decoys in my shop! :eek: :dv We will probably have a DSD hen for next season, but I am really impressed with the results of real feathers. Here a video from the Oregon youth hunt.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiVa8_IppzY