DSD Decoy make a difference?

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunters Forum' started by fallsflight, Apr 12, 2009.

1. spaightlabs

spaightlabs Elite Refuge Member

I had 6 hens walk in to my DSD the other night and do that. They surroundedher and were clucking and purring at her like crazy and pecking at her, finally 2 of them settled down next to her and started dusting and after a while the yall walked off...

2. kstatemallards

kstatemallards Elite Refuge Member

What are you doing in Kansas. Stay in Cali, jk

3. IdahoMike

IdahoMike Senior Refuge Member

I carry my DSD hen in my turkey vest. We hike in any where from as 1/4 mile to just over a mile one way. I'm just trying to figure out how I'm going to carry the DSD jake when I get him next year.

Attached Files:

4. LittandJake

LittandJake Elite Refuge Member

my dream was to live where I could go out on the back porch and hear a bird gobble. last year we moved in and it came true. I worked a midnight shift last night and tonight and when I got home this morning at 8 am. I had a strutter and two hens in my back yard. He was strutting on the bank of my lagoon. I watched them for about an hour. It was sweet!

5. mad dog

mad dog Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Ya Buddy!!! My exact reason for living where I do! 50 yds out the back door and I'm in the woods! :tu

6. IdahoMike

IdahoMike Senior Refuge Member

Well the wife shot her second big gobbler over our DSD hen the first day of her hunt. This old boy came right in and strutted his stuff right in front of Sophia. Next year I'll have the DSD jake for sure.

Attached Files:

7. Macpintail1

Macpintail1 Refuge Member

They are well worth the money, I have turkeys comit much easier with this decoy, my personal success has jumped in last two season with just 1 hen decoy

8. fallsflight

fallsflight Elite Refuge Member

The new decoy arrived the other day and it definitely is a great looking decoy. 5 more days and it will see its first hunt! There are plenty of mature birds around, so hopefully this decoy will get some action!

9. mudhen

mudhen Elite Refuge Member

Our limit in Cali is only three - it can be over quick some years. I've been hunting Kansas and other states since the 1980's, so I guess I get around :)

mudhen