DSD Hen turkey decoy now availiable

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunters Forum' started by Dan Mallia, Feb 21, 2008.

1. G.B. Jack

G.B. Jack Elite Refuge Member

How much is your driver for golf?

2. olduckhunter

olduckhunter Elite Refuge Member

dave smith? i knew that name rang a bell. i know dave. he lives just outside mt. view, ark and has a band and plays some at the ozark folk center there and he has 3 or 4 cds. yes, i know dave. i've seen him in person several times playing around the square in mt. view. nice person dave is.

old

3. 2Woodies

2Woodies Elite Refuge Member

Callaway X460 paid $200 for it. I've also got a $300 putter, paid $120 a piece for my wedges, $1000 for my irons. I'm not cheap and I dont mind spending money if I think it'll help game or my success on the hunt, etc. But that analogy aint gonna work for me and heres why......

Our turkey season is one month long, I hunt anywhere from 20-25 times in that month. Of those 20-25 times I probably use a decoy half the time. Even if I use it a lot, thats only 15-18 uses.

I play golf from March to November, thats 9 months, anywhere from 4-10 times a month. Swing my driver anywhere from 6-8 times a round depending on the course. Do I need to do the rest of the math for you?

I use my driver waaaay more than I'd use that decoy, not to mention that it would be a pain in the *** to lug it around since its not collapsible. Its just not suited for my style of hunting. Again, I'm not hatin, just saying that it would be as useless as t!ts on a boar hog to me.

4. chcltlabz

chcltlabz Elite Refuge Member

This place never ceases to amaze me. No different than the know-it-alls on the goose forum, on second thought, most of these are the same know-it-alls, so what do you expect I guess.

Seems to me there's a line everyone steps up to every day. Other side of the line are all those things you want but don't need and can't afford. Some people look over that line and want it all every day. Some people look across that line and hate everything they can't have. It must be evil because I can't afford it.

Dave Smith or de-bander have never even hinted that you can't kill geese, or now turkeys without their decoys. They sponsor this site so we've got a place to air our addictions, and make a great product. Anyone who disputes the quality of their product is a moron, plain and simple.

If you can't afford them, don't use them. No one's saying you have to have this decoy to kill turkeys. Nobody's even saying that you'll kill more turkeys with one, but I bet you do.

Heck, there are entire businesses built around making stuffers for turkeys that are more money than these, and people are buying them up as fast as they can make them.

Absolutely fabulous job Brad and Dave. I haven't seen one in hand, but if they look even close to as good in person, you've just made the best looking turkey decoy that doesn't s--t!

5. shooter686

shooter686 Senior Refuge Member

6. 2Woodies

Believe me, I feel the same way about it sometimes. Golf: A good walk spoiled!:dv :z

7. Dan Mallia

Dan Mallia Elite Refuge Member

:clap :clap :clap :clap

8. Green is Gold

Green is Gold Elite Refuge Member

So let me get this straight--you have more than $1750 in clubs that you use 90X/yr but you think $120 is too much to spend on something that you would use 18X/yr?:confused: Better re-do the math.:l Again, if you don't want to lug it around, I'll buy that. But your math "logic" doesn't add up, even if you count the 6-8 strokes/game which is a stretch. You can't "stroke" with a decoy. It goes out and stays out which means if you count the minutes it's in use, the decoy wins by a long shot.

9. Dan Mallia

Dan Mallia Elite Refuge Member

If I realy started breaking the down the times I hunted/gear needed vs. the cost, well, um, it really probably wouldn't be financially sound:l

Whatever, I'm having fun:tu

10. 2Woodies

Read the post again. He asked about the driver ($200), to me, every time I swing it, that counts as a "use". I'll be conservative and say that I play golf 70 times a year, swinging the driver 7 times per match would equal 490 "uses" so, I "use" my driver almost 500 times a year vs. 18 times for the deek.:sp We could argue about this all day, but its really pointless. I'm not cheap but I dont see the need to spend that much $ on a turkey decoy. That coupled with the fact that it would be a hassle to carry is the deciding factor to me.