DSD Hen turkey decoy now availiable

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunters Forum' started by Dan Mallia, Feb 21, 2008.

1. LA.Call'emClose

LA.Call'emClose Elite Refuge Member

if i bought a turkey decoy for that much and that looked that good, i would put it up on the mantle.

2. Doubletap

Doubletap Elite Refuge Member

That's why I'm in no hurry to get mine, I'll just wait till the rush is over, then order mine and put it on the mantel;)

3. DUCKGOD

DUCKGOD Elite Refuge Member

since I feel left out and all, i just want to chime in. I don't really use decoys to turk hunt, if i was into that sorta thing and they made a feeder I'd buy one for sure, their specks are the best thing next to a stuffer.

and what the hell is Golf??

4. Perch_44

Perch_44 Elite Refuge Member

decoys are not even necessary for turkey hunting, they might just help the bird close in another 20yds or so. its much more about calling and location, i would have a hard time believing that using these decoys, you will more birds...

5. Perch_44

Perch_44 Elite Refuge Member

if you want real feathers, just buy the feather dress kits at gander. $40....
    [​IMG]

I don't see a huge difference in these, except for the paint detail on the DSD, but is that worth the price difference??? i think not...
    also, i know for me, a solid turkey decoy would not work for me, as i have a decent walk through the woods, and i would not want to have to carry those decoys, or have a large bag over my back. I like the foam/rubber decoys, because you can fold them up and pack them away easy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. D3Smartie

D3Smartie Elite Refuge Member

how many turkeys can you legally harvest during that month? maybe you should buy a DSD and then you can get back on the golf course..I know a few turkey hunters:sp and they might agree

7. 2Woodies

2Woodies Elite Refuge Member

I can kill 5, and I did kill 5 last year. Shall I go on? In 06 I slipped and did'nt kill but 4, but in 03, 04, and 05 I also killed 5. And I've also called up at least that many more every year for people I take hunting. I've already explained why I would'nt buy the decoy so I'm not going to go back into that, but don't question my skills cuz, cause I've got em.:cool: :yes

BTW, thanks for your concern about my golf game too, but I actually got in 18 holes on opening day last year after me and a buddy doubled up on two longbeards right off the roost.:grvn

8. FOWLMAN1

FOWLMAN1 Elite Refuge Member

===================
    Now are you just saying all this cause you won the four pack on another site,Or do you own more DSDs;) Was that one rigged over there:confused:

9. chcltlabz

chcltlabz Elite Refuge Member

You got me fowlman. Must've been rigged.

Or just maybe my opinions are based on the fact that I won a contest and I've actually hunted over their goose decoys? Maybe, and I'm speculating here, they make a great decoy with unmatched realism? Maybe I've never said a single thing about DSD decoys before I'd actually had them in hand and hunted over them? Kind of the point to the contest, don't you think?

And sorry perch, those feathers still look like a roadkill bird. If they look that bad in the pictures, imagine what they look like after a week of hunting.

10. Mark Moreland

Mark Moreland Elite Refuge Member

The new decoy looks great,and I can't wait to use it.I know a couple of big thumpers are going to meet their maker this coming turkey season.Another quality product from the boys at DSD,even if I am a little biased ...;)