DSD Price Increase coming soon

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Excaliber, Feb 3, 2009.

1. hunter

hunter Elite Refuge Member

No wonder you try to get everyone to hunt like you....

What a stud:bow:bow

2. Band Man

Band Man Elite Refuge Member

Its too early in the season to let the cat out of the bag wolf :fp Now what are you gonna do for the scheduled late march and early june fishin trips ?? :l

3. Foldem

Foldem Senior Refuge Member

How was that defending DSD's Doak? I said our birds are stupid, not smart. Looks like you did OK today when you got some guides that can call to take you out:

http://www.coloradowaterfowl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16695&highlight=

4. G.B. Jack

G.B. Jack Elite Refuge Member

5. G.B. Jack

6. Mr. Mann

Mr. Mann Elite Refuge Member

Serious ?? Why don't the people using customs just go with stuffers. If you cannot do the work yourself I'm sure there is a taxidermist that would do some decoys for a reasonable price.

7. G.B. Jack

troy,
    everyone knows that stuffers have no competition, but out west (TONS OF RAIN) or even up here by us driving in is not an option. (you guy shave it SO good with no till farming down there), so the only option woudl be to hand carry in stuffers, pretty tough, so customs are teh next best option, in my opinion

8. Lujack

Lujack Elite Refuge Member

We gun over stuffers every day we can, but like Jack said, they can't be used in the rain or other weather extremes. The customs are the best alternative for late season geese on the snotty days.

9. GRENHDKILR

GRENHDKILR Elite Refuge Member

Dude thats classic travis chris and shane called me on a invite to go on a fun hunt not a guided hunt i posted the pic to say thanks for the invite.I have killed plenty of geese this year i just dont post any pics.If you need proof of that i can email you some kevin.You say the geese are so easy but i havent seen any pics from you this year either only ones i have seen are when you went to oregon and had to have mike get you on the x.
    :doh

10. RedNeck1

RedNeck1 Refuge Member

Here's a question to get people off the pizzin' match for a minute.
    How many people who have 2,3,4 dozen dsd are just using the lessor canadas?
    Yes, $990 is steep for a dozen. $660 a little better for the lessors. I have a friend a little ways from here who has three doz. Haven't seen them yet, but he said they are the finest and he has hunted over every kind you could imagine.
    Do most who buy these go with the full size and blend a few smaller in? To those who say price is not a factor - your not married to my German wife and someone said once it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. BS! It sucks both ways.:doh
    I will admit the last day of the season I had all my ghg ffd out(4 doz) out and switched things 3 times. On the x - call, don't call, flag, don't flag. Pizzed to say the least. I ended up catching birds flying low over a tree line in high winds going from roost to the fields and 3 of us finally limited out on pass shooting. Selective shooting to say the least. Do what ya gotta do the last day of the season and we got lucky.