DSD Speck video

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Kazzy8, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Kazzy8

Kazzy8 Senior Refuge Member

2. HONKSRWORKN

HONKSRWORKN Elite Refuge Member

WOW , they do look GREAT .... Might be buying a few dzn when I get up North ..... Ive always loved my DSD decoys and their customer service is 2nd to none , but it wasn't great having to wait for ever to get them . After watching Dave and Brad talk about the decoys and seeing that they just wanted to put out the best looking decoy they could make and not wanting to release them until it was perfected makes total sense ... These new Specks look 100 % better than the old ones , the new Lessors look great too but the change is not nearly as noticeable as with the Speck decoys ..... Last time we used my buddies old school DSD specks I kinda thought they looked pretty poor , next to these new ones you would surely see a massive difference in the paint scheme ... Way to go guys .. looks like you have once again" ACED THIS ":clap

3. possumfoot

possumfoot Elite Refuge Member

look like the DSD's of 10 years ago but better. much better than the more recent versions.

4. HONKSRWORKN

Looks like I'll be picking up a dzn in the next few months .... I hope ...... I was up North above Sac this weekend near Oliveherst and looks like the Specks are already thick as fly's right off the highway in flooded rice fields ... bout crashed my truck watching em dump in that field :z ..Never see that sorta thing near Mendota till the seasons about over :no ...Not since they began flooding to decompose the rice that is ...use to show up around end of NOV ....when they burned it .....

5. Flyfisher

Flyfisher Elite Refuge Member

look great for sure

6. Dek

Dek Elite Refuge Member

I always tease about the fervor over ultra realistic looking decoys and guys expectations for them, but I have to say those do look nice.

7. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

They always looked good in their promotional photos, but the painting QC of what went out the door took a dive somewhere between my hard polymer DSDs and ACE versions. Hopefully, increased custom competition will help them keep a tighter rein on that.

8. possumfoot

possumfoot Elite Refuge Member

guess that is what it is. i have 2 dozen of the old poly and they still look great. hunted with a guy last year that had some of the ace dsd and some blue collar. BC's were terrible and the DSD were not much better. it was old poly DSDs for the rest of season.

9. HONKSRWORKN

I used to think the same thing until I started hunting over them .... Its true there are a bunch of goose decoys on the market that will kill some geese that cost much less ... notice I said some geese meaning the less educated birds ... Because the weary late season birds that have seen the same ol decoys during migration will become educated to decoys they see a lot .... I went from GHG FFD's to DSD's and it was immediate and obvious that the late season weary birds thought my DSD honker spread were live birds .... DSD's helped turn the late season goose hunts from Frustrating hunts into Hunts of great memories .... The fact is the more Realistic Decoys you use the easier it is to fool the birds into killing range its not just the great paint schemes on the DSD's but the realistic poses that set them apart from the everyday run of the mill production line decoy , I hate crippling birds and as long as you are hidden you will have no problem having feet literally in your face if you let them get that close before you shoot ...... Ive had geese come in .. land and try and fight the DSD's .... Id say they were convinced the DSD's were real geese ...
    Im happy to see Dave and his Team getting up and running in the new shop and actually having decoys in stock to order ... just looked at the web site and they have plenty of Lessors and a few Specks in stock right now , last couple yrs that was never the case ... Love the new Specks ...

brentbullets likes this.
  10. MO-trapper

MO-trapper Senior Refuge Member

I ordered 6 and they should be here tomorrow. I'll post some pics. I was a little unimpressed with the fact they used the lesser mold for both the specks and lesser and have like 4 poses total, but the speck decoy market sucks imo and this was my best option for a decent deke that will last a long time.