DSD Speck video

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Kazzy8, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Specktacular

Specktacular Senior Refuge Member

You mean, aside from having 3 degrees and building and owning 3 successful businesses that keep my own CPA very busy, nothing.:fp

callinfowl likes this.
  2. Specktacular

I guess we'll just have to see how this all plays out then, won't we? I wouldn't consider Cabela's, Mack's and Roger's repeat customers. They are middleman retailers and as soon as their customers stop purchasing decoys, they will cease ordering from Dave as well. Their PO's are done a year in advance and, subsequently, there is a lag time for their orders to decline or stop.
    DSD left the door open and RDC is stepping through it. My understanding is that RDC is currently working on a turkey decoy and between their improved goose decoys with better paint schemes and turkey decoys(along with AvianX whose turkey decoys are every bit as good as DSD at a cheaper pricepoint), I forecast a substantial loss in market share for DSD. As for DSD sales, they have had them in the past, along with inventory reductions. I've taken advantage of them. They haven't had any recently because they don't make enough decoys!! Pretty easy to sell out when substantially limit your production to provide only a fraction of what you COULD sell.:doh

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  3. not sponsred

not sponsred Senior Refuge Member

Oh Crap, this guy is for real.. if you read it on the internet or type it, it must be true..
    but my wife is hotter then yours....

I guess still don't understand why you think you are in a place where you have earned the right to tell someone else how to run their business.

4. Specktacular

I'm not. I'm telling you why they're LOSING business.

callinfowl likes this.
  5. CA Birdman

CA Birdman Elite Refuge Member

Spek do you run your businesses the way you want or how some customer of yours thinks your business should be run.

6. Specktacular

I run them to be profitable and successful. Most times, that means the customer is usually right whether I like it or not. How do you think Cabela's got so successful? Customer service, along with good pricepoint. Now, look what's happening to them. Even before BPS bought them, people were buying elsewhere because their prices weren't competitive anymore. Now that BPS has taken over and CS has taken a dive, people are flocking away in droves.