DSD Turkey Replacement Bag

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunters Forum' started by nebgoosehunter, May 10, 2016.

1. nebgoosehunter

nebgoosehunter Senior Refuge Member

I have two Avian X hens I need a replacement bag for and I can't find any Avian X bags online anywhere but Cabela's does have DSD replacement bags. Anyone know if I can fit 2 hens into a hen bag or do I need to buy a bigger one or get two? Was hoping to get by only buying one. Thanks!

2. TooTall

TooTall Elite Refuge Member

I can fit 2 DSD hens in one DSD bag, and I'm pretty sure the Avian X hens I had are smaller than the DSDs.... so yes, I believe you can.

nebgoosehunter likes this.
  3. nebgoosehunter

4. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

At the cost of these decoys, I would not be overly excited about stuffing two decoys into the same bag... No doubt they will rub and wear more quickly. I could not find the link, but I do know that there are double and quad separated bags for carrying turkey decoys... Otherwise, I would purchase two singles...

5. TooTall

TooTall Elite Refuge Member

The paint on my DSDs (and the Avian X decoys I used to have) is insanely durable. The only reason I put them in a bag is ease of transport.

stevena198301 likes this.
  6. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

They def ain't hot-buy mallards. I have spilled gas on both mine, as well as done other stupid stuff, and both still look brand new.

7. seaduckhunt

seaduckhunt Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

My Avian X and DSD, decoys have told me they prefer to be housed separately. :yes

8. nebgoosehunter

I ended up getting a DSD jake bag and even that was plenty big. I can put my two Avian X's in there and my funky chicken with room to spare. Plus it is not fun carrying around as it hits my legs as I walk at about knee level. Wish I would have got the hen bag, but oh well.