DSD

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by don835, Aug 31, 2017.

1. ED Vanderbeck

ED Vanderbeck Senior Refuge Member

With my DSD honkers groundpounding is the normal not the exception but we at least we let them clear the decoy before shooting not even sporting to shoot walking around in the decoys

Wareagle1 likes this.
  2. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

I still have a dozen of the original hardside, driven over Ive fallen 8 feet onto them had cabinet clamps drop 7 feet, fly out of a trailer at 80 mph. Hundreds of hunts a couple thousand geese,
    The ACE honkers I like the look better. I stacked and stored them, in the heat,.. it took time but they were fine. Some had almost an issue with the weak neck attachment from the summer heat.
    I really like the new DSD. I like the size much better,... But the old ACE will still be the decoys near the blind.

My only issue with the new decoys, why werent the other stands powder coated!! And UPS trashes the boxes

3. BirdJ

BirdJ Elite Refuge Member

Not cool not being powder coated!!! Have too touch my older ones before every season!:( Thought when the new ACE came out the bases were?

4. Lonegoose35

Lonegoose35 Refuge Member

The square bases are powder coated it looks. The round ones aren't. Kind of bummed that they ran out of square bases for the season. I would prefer all square bases with my new style decoys.

5. de-bander

de-bander Senior Refuge Member

Hi all, my name is Brad Cochran. For those of you who don't know me, I am Dave Smith's business partner at DSD. I don't normally get involved with these threads but I have been seeing a whole lot of misinformation and speculation lately and I'd like to clarify some facts since so much of what has been stated here (and on some other threads) is pure nonsense.

#1 - THERE HAS BEEN NO EPIDEMIC OF DEFECTS WITH OUR ONE-PIECE HONKERS
    As of right now, out of the thousands that have shipped, less than one half of one percent of the new decoys have been returned. Of the ones that have, we can only recall TWO that had issues with the necks. I guess it's possible that we are forgetting someone but then again we haven't had that many decoys sent back. And for anyone to say that we are knowingly and/or intentionally covering up the frequency of our defects is simply not true. We are not 'afraid to admit' any quality issues here and we have nothing to hide. This information is based on data from customers who have ACTUALLY purchased our one-piece honkers. Not their buddies and not some anonymous third party source who heard a rumor on a chat forum. If there are unreported issues out there then the customer who bought the decoys should contact us DIRECTLY so we can help them. Obviously we can't do anything about issues that we aren't aware of.

#2 - WE HAVE BEEN RESOLVING ISSUES OF QUALITY IN A TIMELY MANNER
    In 2017 we have consistently kept our turnaround on returns to less than one week and in most cases 2 days or less. That not only goes for our new honkers but for all of our decoy products. If I am wrong then please, someone who has ACTUALLY had a recent quality issue call me out. It sure feels like there are people on this thread who want you to think that if you order DSDs they will take forever for you to get and then when they finally arrive a bunch of them will be falling apart right out of the box and then it will take you months to get them replaced. This is all pure BS. Plain and simple.

#3 - YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WAIT FOR YEARS TO GET DSDs
    So far in 2017 most of our products have been available with little to no wait. Our one-piece honkers are an exception due primarily because they are brand new, they are in very high demand, and, like all of our decoys, we make them by hand. I am not claiming that our decoys are 'readily available.' However, we have made tremendous progress in cutting down our lead times and contrary to what some would like you to think, you do NOT have to wait for years to get DSDs anymore. At most, your wait time will be measured in months.

#4 - WE DO NOT PROMPT OTHERS TO PROMOTE OR DEFEND DSD OR TO BASH OTHER DECOY MAKERS
    We do not have a 'Pro Staff' or any other type of program that incentivizes people to like us or our products. This is because we want everyone to be able to trust what they hear or read about our products and service. When we see people shamelessly plugging products that they don't actually believe in and don't use by choice, it makes us want to projectile vomit LOL That's just not our style and we would never want anybody to praise our products if they did not believe in what they were saying. Nor do we ask anyone to ever defend our position or bash other decoy companies to make us look better.

To those who were disappointed to receive ring bases with their latest honker decoys rather than square bases I do apologize. Our initial intention was to stick with the square bases for the one-piece decoys but we were surprised by how many customers still wanted the ring bases. When we recently ran out of square bases it was going to take us weeks to receive more but we still had plenty of ring bases in stock. Rather than further delaying our outstanding orders, we decided to ship our remaining ones with ring bases to get us through the season.

Brad

Pit Boss, tshot, Spencer5100 and 4 others like this.
  6. ED Vanderbeck

ED Vanderbeck Senior Refuge Member

Right from the horses mouth. Great decoys and the best service ever thanks Brad. most on here who bash DSD decoys have probally never seen one and never owned them. I am a life long customer after buying mine 10 yrs ago i will not accept no others no one elses will stand the test on time like DSD in my opinion

tshot, BirdJ and Wareagle1 like this.
  7. Wareagle1

Wareagle1 Senior Refuge Member

Thanks brad!
    Earl an I will see you next year picking up our new one piece honks!
    Steve

BirdJ likes this.
  8. Lonegoose35

Lonegoose35 Refuge Member

Dave smith 1...haters 0.

tshot, BirdJ and ED Vanderbeck like this.
  9. Kazzy8

Kazzy8 Senior Refuge Member

For what it's worth I ordered some new honkers a couple weeks ago and was told it would be a 2-3 week wait... I got a call from Robyn 4 days later saying that they were ready haha.

10. slucrew1

slucrew1 Senior Refuge Member

Brad and Dave are top notch guys. Been dealing with them for many, many years. Robin is an absolute sweetheart. The decoys speak for themselves. I don't have a negative thing to say about them.