DSD

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by don835, Aug 31, 2017.

1. BirdJ

BirdJ Elite Refuge Member

:clap:clap:clap:clap!!!!

2. tshot

tshot Refuge Member

Hello all, I post seldom here, but have hunted Canada Geese, across the USA and Canada for over 55 years.
    I have used just about every brand and style of decoy imaginable over my life. DSD is not only the most outstanding working & performing decoy that I have had to work with, but, also I have had the pleasure to become more than acquainted with the great folks that own, and help operate DSD. Any problems I have encountered whether it be in the performance of the product, in the ordering, and /or shipping could not have been handled any more efficiently.
    Dave Smith and Brad Cochran are constantly looking to further their line of products, upgrade any issues the customers may report back to them from in the field, so in honesty what more could a customer desire?
    Hand Made in the USA!
    Not an easy find in this day and age.
    Like I tell them all the time " Let the DSD's do the Talking"

3. don835

don835 Elite Refuge Member

What tshot said!

Wareagle1 likes this.
  4. Pit Boss

Pit Boss Oregon Moderator

great decoys. I have 05' and on broken lesser. I will be adding more!

BirdJ likes this.
  5. livtohunt1on1

livtohunt1on1 Senior Refuge Member

Paging back Specktacular...

6. Lonegoose35

Lonegoose35 Refuge Member

Ok so after 2 hunts over my decoys this is where I'm at...Single..Actually double bagging decoys absolutely sucks. It's definitely a lot more time consuming than 6 slots that I have been used to using over the years. I will definitely have to glue the plastic bags to the decoy bag. Are you guys putting them in the bags head first? The new single bags I received from dsd are just big enough for the decoy. Heads of feeders want to stick out sometimes.
    Second..How are you guys transporting them in your trailer? I have 84 single bags now(actually 168 if count plastic lol). I just have them tossed in the trailer for now but I need some sort of organization. I don't want to hang the decoys on hooks because they will just bang off the sides of the trailer. They can't be just piled on the floor. I would need big bins or shelves on the sides to put them all in. My trailer is only 6'x12'. Any ideas? May be an excuse to get a bigger trailer but still will need to figure out a floor plan.

7. BirdJ

BirdJ Elite Refuge Member

Yes double bagging can be a hassle at times but well worth it for me anyways! If you don't want to double bag my decoys when you want to hunt with me than just stay home then! There not your decoys!!!! LAZY!

I bag my decoys tail first. Had a fella make my nylon draw string bags for me. Had him make them a little longer a wider so the beaks don't stick out of the bags when their closed.

As for trailers, I have a 6'x12' also. When I got my first DSD's back in 2011 I ended up filling the floor first and then stacking the rest of them on top which I didn't like doing in the first place but it is what it is at the time. After the second season I ran boards across the inside of the trailer with hooks high enough so they would be sitting above the ones on the floor!!! Best move I ever made! Wish I got a little bit bigger trailer? yep but at the time that's all I could swing but still have the same trailer today with LED lights on top now which is great! Kinda like after you build a garage! Should have been 10' longer and wider! LOL

Have a great season Lonegoose35!!! Chin up and shoot them in the face!

8. Wareagle1

Wareagle1 Senior Refuge Member

20B9E62C-FDE6-4FD6-8E8A-9D8ACE93E21E.jpeg
    Here’s what I did with my old honkers. I’ll redo the shelf’s when I get the one piece honks. Yep bagging is a pain but worth it in the end. Also come in handy when Frost is possible, lay bags over decoys then wait as long as possible then pull bags.

Fallflight likes this.
  9. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

I was raised throwing duck decoys into the boat, the back of the car, the bed of a pickup.
    I soon relized just a moment extra keeps decoys looking good.
    I had some LS GHG sleeper shells some were 10 years old , with over 100 hunts. When I sold them the guy thought that some hadn't been used.
    I spend 20 minutes picking up the spread loading the trailer. (36 decoys) it doesnt take much more time

10. Fallflight

Fallflight New Member

Here is how I haul my DSDs in a 6x12 trailer. I’ve been very happy with the set up. Allows me to haul maximum number of decoys with the best protection. I currently haul 8 doz ACE DSDs and plan to add 2 more dozen. After nearly 6 years of use they look like I bought them yesterday. Each double bagged. Sewed mylar bag to inside of nylon bag so only have to deal with one bag. When bags get muddy I’ve washed them and plastic inside nylon has held up well. I always put the decoy in bags bill first since it’s more narrow than the tail don’t have to worry about bill poking out bags and tails never do. I ended up replacing the nets in back and front of trailer with conduit rods surrounded with foam... much better solution and more efficient. Upper shelf folds up and bottom shelf can be removed if I need to use the trailer for hauling something else...

Attached Files:

Lonegoose35 likes this.