DSD

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by don835, Aug 31, 2017.

1. BirdJ

BirdJ Elite Refuge Member

Where do your blinds go?:confused:

2. Fallflight

Fallflight New Member

One blind is hung on the door and two others are stacked on their edges, on top of each other between the conduit/foam bars in front of trailer that hold DSDs in and mallard full bodies.

Attached Files:

BirdJ likes this.
  3. full choke

full choke Senior Refuge Member

This is what we used to do with our original hardcores back in the day. I had a 6x12 trailer that I built removeable shelf section in. We used six slot bags (I cant drive into fields to set decoys). We utilized the rear section of trailer up to the side door. From side door forward we stored all kinds of stuff- clothing, waders, carts, various camo. That stuff was always in some weird rotation. I tried to show how we would unload one row, remove shelf, then access decoys behind. Blinds were stored on the top shelf. At one point, I think we had as many as eight dozen full size decoys in there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BirdJ likes this.
  4. Fallflight

Fallflight New Member

Here’s what trailer looks like with conduit/foam rods instead of netting...

Attached Files:

BirdJ likes this.
  5. Pit Boss

Pit Boss Oregon Moderator

I have mine in 6 slot bags that sit on 24" shelves that are about 3" away from the trailer wall. The shelves are 77wide I have two racks with two shelves so I can stack three high and four bags wide. So 6dz on each unite. The blinds are stored in the front of the trailer. I have room for a decoy cart to. 7x14 trailer

6. Lonegoose35

Lonegoose35 Refuge Member

Nice set up guys. Thanks for the tips and pictures. . I think I decided on building 2 boxes (more like a chest )along each trailer wall and probably in the front also. I plan on putting lids on the boxes on a hinge so i can open and close the storage area and also stack bags on the wood boxes. Im putting foam on interior of boxes for some padding.

7. brentbullets

brentbullets Elite Refuge Member

The box idea is good in theory however I found it is a pain in the arse to keep bending over the sides for the ones on the bottom and tough to get to the ones in the middle. This of course is dependent on the height and width of said boxes. If I remember you have a lot of decoys to put in these boxes so I assume that they will be of a pretty decent size.

8. Lonegoose35

Lonegoose35 Refuge Member

I think you're right. Did a rough layout. Not looking good for the box idea. I'd basically have to stack my decoys on top of each other even higher than they are now. Only difference is they are in a box. Starting to miss my previous set up for sure. 6 slots and hooks 20151121_175440.jpg

9. BirdJ

BirdJ Elite Refuge Member

That's what I did with mine Lonegoose and has worked just fine!:tu