DSD

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by don835, Aug 31, 2017.

1. BirdJ

BirdJ Elite Refuge Member

Can't wait too see it when its done! And you have 168 decoys again? If I did this, this is just me though, Id put carpeting on the trailer walls to the height of you decoys when boxed to give them a little padding when bouncing around. Just a thought. Your blinds go in the walk way then?

2. Lonegoose35

Lonegoose35 Refuge Member

I have well over 300 decoys but only use certain ones depending on time of season. Main rig is 84 Dsd and some shells sometimes. Sleepers and resters don't come out til late season. Most go in back of truck. I have floaters stored elsewhere and take what i need. I usually keep my blinds in the bed of my truck under taneau cover..that way I don't have to go to my trailer to grab them if I'm hunting over others rig. I keep my trailer at work. I am putting down 1/4" foam that we use on swimming pool walls for protection barrier. Will be on the floor and go up side walls. Bins are 33" deep and 21" wide.

3. BirdJ

BirdJ Elite Refuge Member

Sounds great! Let me know if you would the number of decoys that fill the boxes when loaded please. I have 135 DSD's

4. Lonegoose35

Lonegoose35 Refuge Member

84 fit with room to spare for sure. I could stack them neat and fit more but didn't even use the space in front of the trailer either. I plan on putting my skinnies in front. We used 2"x3"s..not 2"x2" which I previous stated. Grand total was about $100 bucks. I'm cool with that..we did put the foam on the floor but not side walls.
    20171130_123058.jpg 20171130_125155.jpg

BirdJ likes this.
  5. HONKSRWORKN

HONKSRWORKN Elite Refuge Member

Cracks me up .... The only thing to hate about DSD decoys is that they run out of stock every summer and don't make them again till the next summer .... If you've ever hunted over them you can't hate them .... They are a game changer when hunting smart geese , not the dumb early season birds that will land on your old GHG ... ...
    To bitch about cost is stupid , its no different than buying a high end sports car .... They're the best and custom which cost more money .. And just like cars not everyone can afford a Lambo or Ferrari ....
    They're only 50.00 more per 6 than the Avian X and well worth it .... Use to cost 329.00 per 4 when I bought my 12 Honkers ...... Around 100.00 ea if you include shipping costs so about 1200.00 ... You can grab a dzn thesedays for 800.00 ... If they're in stock and they're not ....
    Yup the only thing I can say I hate about DSD is that I can't get them when I want them ..... Make goose decoys all yr ... It's what made DSD ... Zombies
    No DSD specks for me again this yr ... Sold out when I had the cash ..

BirdJ likes this.
  6. mpkowal

mpkowal Elite Refuge Member

Yeah I had 3 dozen of the honkers and 18 lessers a few years ago,when they had the heads that Always came off and the stupid little grommets on the heavy hard to handle bases.No doubt they look phenomenal, but they just sent user friendly for guys like myself that pick in 95%of the time.
    I heard they solved some of these issues but can't day forsure.
    I land as many now as I did with my DAD and setup and pickup is a whole lot easier.

brentbullets likes this.
  7. mpkowal

mpkowal Elite Refuge Member