Tennessee Flyway Forum Sponsors

Duck Call of the Week (9-24-08)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Flyway Forum' started by Cootshooter3, Sep 24, 2008.

1. rick.kagerer

rick.kagerer New Member

2. rick.kagerer

rick.kagerer New Member

Hi, Cooshooter3, Art did not use John's call. I read all about that in a book published about Saginaw Bay. I have a copy I bought and had signed by the author while at a friends. I believe I corrected him then about this rumor. I also have the movie taken at his Saginaw street store that shows him pick up that call and do a couple toots on it because it was there. Then he racks his old model 12 a few times and takes off to another world's contest. I own the call you are talking about. I talked to Art about his call and I have pictures of the call he used. It was a Dixie Barrel with a hand made insert. He lost the insert in Saginaw Bay while hunting with a friend that is still alive. I have known the story behind the call since before I took over 1981. I also interviewed his wife Edna before she pasted at 98 yrs. old. She confirmed this will recording Edna about Art's beginnings with business and calling.

3. rick.kagerer

rick.kagerer New Member

I Know the truth If anyone cares to know. I just wrote the whole Art Beauchamp history and got timed out.

4. mallardhunter

mallardhunter Senior Refuge Member

It would make a good read. How about typing it out in notepad, wordpad or something, then copying and paste it into a message? 'Course it would mean you'd have to type it again.