Duck Camp Commando

Discussion in 'Arkansas Flyway Forum' started by bill cooksey, Jan 9, 2017.

1. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Heard a rumor about some hand running from the law and holing up in a camp at Gregory for his last stand a few days back. Anyone know what happened?

2. MALLARD MAGICIAN

MALLARD MAGICIAN Elite Refuge Member

He shot and killed 1 lady, wounded an other in Little Rock area. Woodruff Co Sheriff was informed he maybe in a cabin in Greagory. Paper said when County officers found him he came out on porch, fired shots at them. They returned fire with no one hit. SWAT team & State Police called in....sometime along the way they heard a muffled shot from inside cabin. Sent robot in(I believe) found Ol boy dead on floor from self inflicted shotgun blast to the chest.

3. bill cooksey

That should do it. Any idea who owned the camp? Be a heck of a deal to pull in planning to spend the night and hunt only to find yellow tape and a big mess.

4. MALLARD MAGICIAN

MALLARD MAGICIAN Elite Refuge Member

I assume he was part of or had been to the camp b4...assume. Only because Gregory is an awful obscure dot on the map for some city thug to show up to hide...especially where the clubhouse was(back side of "town").

Again just an assumption...

5. bill cooksey

Heard a rumor the guy was a carpenter who had worked on the camp, but details were super sketchy. Figured somebody knows the real scoop. I almost bought a house in Gregory to use as a camp about 20 years ago. Old house looked to be in decent shape, and they wanted 10k. Biggest worry for me was wiring and plumbing, and the sale was "as is, no inspection." Just didn't want to get in a long distance fixer-upper, and a friend had a nightmare of a time with that exact situation in Gregory a few years prior. Just my luck, an acquaintance bought it and found out all wiring and plumbing had been replaced within the last five years.

6. stumpy waters

stumpy waters Elite Refuge Member

I was there. More law enforcement officers in Gregory than at a Chicago riot. Guys walking around with machine guns with silencers and their finger on the trigger. I believe a Pulaski sheriff had arrived first and located the van they were looking for parked behind the house but it may have been Woodruff county. The guy didn't come outside, but fired a shotgun at a state trooper through a window, which wasn't opened. The trooper returned 4 shots through the window, and then they heard the second shotgun blast and a thump. What I have not confirmed is whether he was hit by the officer and maybe the shotgun went off as he was falling, or whether he turned it on himself. They did suspect though that the thump was him hitting the floor. SWAT arrived around 4:30 and they went in after 6:30 after it got dark and found him dead. He was in a house right next to our good friend SwampHunter, but I haven't walked over there yet to fill in any missing details. Been avoiding that side of the "tracks" for the time being. :D

7. bill cooksey

Thanks. Ask him if it was the house I looked at years ago. It was between the Bell's place and him.

8. In Close

In Close Elite Refuge Member

As Far As I Can Get From Skybusters & Spinners & V
    Ricky Jenkins...what I was told by my father is he was suspected of shooting two different females at a residence in SW Little Rock on or near Ironton Road and headed for Woodruff county. My dad knew him and his family (father/uncle) said they are the type that wouldn't let the law capture them. He said it was possibly their deer camp...I don't know.

9. stumpy waters

stumpy waters Elite Refuge Member

Will do.

10. CookMan

CookMan Elite Refuge Member

Ronnie has all the details on the event. They evacuated him from his house to the T Factory. I got there after the Making America Great Again event took place.