Duck Creek

Discussion in 'Missouri Flyway Forum' started by wilhelmina slim, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Sunklands

Sunklands Elite Refuge Member

2. golden boy

golden boy Elite Refuge Member

feral pigs have eaten all the corn crops and MDC will not allow killing of them. I also heard the staff have all but left and agents are forced in to run the draw. Feral pigs have destroyed the place and it will not get any better.

3. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Sponsor Flyway Manager

4. Sunklands

There was very little to no corn for them to eat, that MDC or the Feds at Mingo planted. Don't believe their lies that suggest that they made a valiant effort to plant and maintain a crop. Us farmers who plant corn, soybeans and rice around the area seem to have a crop come fall.

5. Sunklands

95% of the hogs in Wayne and Butler Co. are on Mingo NWR and Wappappello lake Mark Twain Forest area. Nearly all the hos that step out of these adjacent areas, are killed by pretty quickly. As a whole outdoorsman here, favor their deer and turkey hunting over hog hunting. Hogs are direct competitors with our favored species and should be killed on sight despite what the MDC says.

DuckMan62 likes this.
  6. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Sponsor Flyway Manager

I agree. Had some boar a guy I know shot in North Carolina supposedly direct decendent from European Wild Boar, it was good better than any domesticated pig I've had.

7. Greenbean09

Greenbean09 New Member

The drought has really affected duck creek, as they haven't been able to flood their larger pools, 7 & 8 which rely on rain water.

DuckMan62 likes this.