Duck/Goose Calling Competition

Discussion in 'Alaska Flyway Forum' started by tbduck, Jan 27, 2005.

1. patrickwellis

patrickwellis Senior Refuge Member

i'm at elmendorf. What kind of secret spots do you got for me? I'm going to go up to fairbanks and hunt also. Any info would be great thanks.

2. northern wings

northern wings Elite Refuge Member

R.A.Coleman your gonna catch hell if Andy see's your post!
    And my money is on ANDY for winning the duck and goose calling comp. if one starts up.
    I'll bring the mounted ducks...if you guys get one to quack back...you win.
    North Dakota huh...my wife is from there...sure wasn't gonna marry someone who was'nt from duck country of some sort.

-northern wings

3. Mr.Bones

Mr.Bones New England Moderator Moderator

Just making sure you were paying attention Mr. Coleman!!!! :dv :dv
    Hope to make it back up there this fall (will know the exact dates mid march)- will make sure that the blinds meet the specs required - hahahahahaha
    (hopefully we can also get some calling in as well - learned a few more "sounds" since last time we hunted!)
    Bones ;)

4. northern wings

northern wings Elite Refuge Member

Bob is this the Cheetah bird fella?
    hehehe

-northern wings

5. ducknut68

ducknut68 Senior Refuge Member

Well guys don't let Bob be the lead caller and you will do fine. HAHA. Just kidding. I would like to be a part of a calling contest but I don't know about winning. There is a big difference between calling when hunting and competition calling. I can handle my own when hunting but I don't know about contest but I would give it a heck of a shot.

ducknut68

6. dallen

dallen Senior Refuge Member

I'm pretty sure I'd embarrass myself at a calling contest. But thanks for the vote. I kind of guessed "pork chop" equals Leo. Girls are getting big, are they little hunters?

7. PorkChop

PorkChop Senior Refuge Member

Yes its me Leo. I think you would do fine on the stage. Derrick on the other hand well he sounds like a party horn. :yes

The girls are growing faster than one could believe. I see Mallory (sp) has gotten big. I got a boy due in Apr. Who would have ever thought I would be a parent. Marcellina will go on her first snow goose hunt this spring. She is fasinated with the dead birds.

8. dallen

Going for number 3 huh. Your going to have your own fire team pretty soon. Sounds like everything is going well, and ND is being good to you. We were there this past November and had a blast chasing those ringnecks around.

I think I'll stick to birds as the audience for the party horn, they are the best judges anyways. What sounds good to people, doesnt normally sound good to the birds. Plus, they seem to keep teaching me about what not to do. Take care, have fun down there this spring.

9. PorkChop

PorkChop Senior Refuge Member

Actually plan on having 10 kids if all goes as planned. Also never plan to leave this great state.

10. dallen

Thats right, how could I forget about your aspirations to perpetuate the Porcello name. :l Ya, ND is a nice state, not sure I want to live there forever, but wouldn't mind spending about 7 months out of the year down that a way. I'm actually looking at buying my retirement property one state to your west.

Never been too far east of Bismark, does it look very different than central ND?