Texas Flyway Forum Sponsors

Duck guide in Corpus area?

Discussion in 'Texas Flyway Forum' started by cprodave, Jan 9, 2018.

1. cprodave

cprodave Refuge Member

Does anybody have a recommended duck guide in the Corpus area (Rockport, Port OConnor etc?) I will be hunting with 2 buddies (1 is an excellent wing shot on doves, but never hunted ducks, other is a green beginner but a real trooper and just fun to be with). I am visiting from NC and anxious to find something different from the wood ducks and sea ducks I usually chase. Unguided hunt where transportation, blind and decoys are provided would be fine (preferred, actually) although fully guided would be OK too. And an airboat ride would be a hoot too (I hear). Thanks for any input.

2. cprodave

cprodave Refuge Member

Maybe I was asking the wrong readers this question by posting in the Texas forum, i.e. I should have posted where folks outside Texas would read my message. Anyhow, it might help other hunters to know we had a great trip yesterday with Capt Sam Schiwart of Saltitude Outfitters in Rockport. Capt Sam worked hard on Saturday to scout birds and even relocated a blind for us to have a good semi-guided/unguided hunt on Sunday. Many other guides coming into the boat ramp reported terrible results. One party fired only 2 shots! Sam has the local knowledge and determination that gave my 2 sons an unforgettable positive experience they'll be talking about for a long time. PM me if you want more info including lodging and eating recommendations.

BrownDrake likes this.
  3. cholt

cholt Senior Refuge Member

Pm me I got a guy I can give you his name he has been rebuilding since storm not sure he is doing anything this year but worth a call tons of sprigs and redheads and with this cold no telling what else will be down there