Duck Harvest Wastage?

Discussion in 'Washington Flyway Forum' started by T.T., Jan 3, 2018.

1. T.T.

T.T. Elite Refuge Member

Just caught a small bit of some duck harvest wastage(?) type story on this morning's TV news in Spokane. Anyone have the link or details? I couldn't find it on krem.com. or on the WDFW website.

2. QuackAttack2

QuackAttack2 Elite Refuge Member

Tom - if u saw it on KREM, call them, bet they can give u more info.

3. full choke

full choke Senior Refuge Member

Sorry- I don't have a link, but saw on another forum where they found 28 ducks (26 mallards, 1 teal, 1 pintail) stuffed into three plastic garbage bags and left in a ditch by a turn out just outside of Aberdeen. Apparently, some of the comments thought this location was very close to the WDFW office? Anyhow- sounds like some one dumped a two man limit for the weekend. People suck.

4. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

Been a lot of problems down that way this year. I know of at least 4 swans killed, people shooting geese on closed days, finding lead empties all over. I've found loons, cormorants, grebes and even a hawk shot as well.

5. Ducksergeantorg

Ducksergeantorg Senior Refuge Member

Stopped by the game warden last week in Elma, asked me if I knew anything about Swan's being shot, some people just don't get it!

6. Ducksergeantorg

Found this mess a couple weeks ago, least they were breasted out. IMG_20171213_122124.jpg

7. T.T.

T.T. Elite Refuge Member

Sad...All very nice to eat ducks, WASTED. In my Westside days, on occasion, I hunted not far from Aberdeen and experienced some very good waterfowl hunting.

I recall years ago Duckwise post of finding a box of unprocessed ducks in the Potholes area. Unfortunately, some guys hunt just to kill with no intent on eating their ducks. I've talked to too many so called duck hunters who don't even like to eat waterfowl and always became evasive when asked about what became of the ones shot by them.

8. Ducksergeantorg

Clean um take them to a food bank or something, I hate hunters that waste!

9. Ducksergeantorg

Never hunted around Aberdeen, normally I hunt JBLM, Hood Canal, Elma and Montesano area's. Mostly public lands, I been know to put out a 100 decoys, other outfits can't compete. Lot's of work before shoot time, I won't waste a meal...I pass on bird's if I can identify them, Like Buffleheads, Scaup, Ringnecks, not very tasty to me.

10. T.T.

T.T. Elite Refuge Member