Duck Hunter shot by Deer Hunter

Discussion in 'Wisconsin Flyway Forum' started by 1duckmaster, Dec 8, 2017.

1. marsh man dan

marsh man dan Elite Refuge Member

Rainbow warriors is the new pc way to call deer hunters

goosenazi and pud123 like this.
  2. goosenazi

goosenazi Elite Refuge Member

Deer hunting IS gay.

marsh man dan likes this.
  3. pud123

pud123 Elite Refuge Member

If it’s in capital letters on the internet that makes it true.

4. GK1

GK1 Elite Refuge Member

4 dozen new Avian-X at the beginning of the season. Fairly sure I still have 4 singles that don't rattle or leak. I consider it a successful season.

5. road kill

road kill Senior Refuge Member

Did the ambulance crash on the way to the scene?
    Really?

6. GK1

GK1 Elite Refuge Member

Decoys are easily replaced. I hate losing cripples. Absolutely hate it. If the heads up it gets pounded no matter what.

pointblind likes this.
  7. woodiefanatic

woodiefanatic Senior Refuge Member

Exactly losing cripples is the worst. Had a few crippled cans use up over a half box a shells as those buggers are crafty on the water. Out west this year we hit a drake pretty good but with 40 mph winds he landed out to far. Chased the bugger across the pond. Finally caught him 150 yards out and slipped a shot in him between the waves. Let's just say wading into white caps breaking on your chest is a bit uncomfortable. Other on was a pintail we dropped out there. Literally in the decoys in boot deep poop water. Sucker went down in a heap and never resurfaced. Finally just standing in the decoys I could hear a grunting noise and a black beak was at that was sticking through the weeds. Buggers have a will to live

SB2MAG likes this.
  8. SB2MAG

SB2MAG Elite Refuge Member

In order to get through post duck/goose season depression, I make a goal of repairing all my shot and broke decoys by the end of January.

Only eight Big Foot goose floaters plus five Herters diver decoys need repair after this year.

9. pud123

pud123 Elite Refuge Member

That’s a slow year. Sorry bud.

10. duckyoda

duckyoda Elite Refuge Member

You need a good dog! No wading in poop, and the right dog, no wading in whitecaps either. I hit a Can on Pool 4, thought it was dead, sent my 2 YO Chessie. She had a good lock on the bird, when she launched, but just about the time she hit the water the bird started swimming out into rough seas(bird was out of effective shotgun range). There was no calling her off(she couldn't hear over the wind), and I didn't have the collar on her. I watched my dog swimming in heavy seas thinking she may turn around, but she really did have a lock on the bird. I watched the bird disappear in the trough, and then the dog disappear in the trough, then both reappear on the swells. I could tell she was gaining, but DAMN! she was 400 yards, and still motoring. When she caught up to the bird, it dove, she dove, and the next thing I see is a dog swimming back to me with a big fat Can in her mouth. The feet were still paddling on the duck when I hauled her back aboard. She shook off, and looked at me like, "Is there more out there?"!

I have revised my policy on "dead" ducks. If they are upright, and not flat on the water, they get hit until they are. No more sneaky fakers. One additional tip, is I keep a couple of 2 oz, #4 Hevishot shells(10 ga) in my chest pocket, for water swats. More small heavy pellets seems to be more effective at ending the cripple drama.

Duck Yoda of the Big Lake Billy Blasters Assoc.

SB2MAG likes this.