Alabama Flyway Forum Sponsors

duck hunting on the coast

Discussion in 'Alabama Flyway Forum' started by Ghetto Slaya, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Ghetto Slaya

Ghetto Slaya Senior Refuge Member

Does anyone ever hunt around the coast. Wolf Bay to Mobile Bay? I spent a day on the Tensaw River just north of where it comes into Mobile Bay a few years ago. What about over towards Orange Beach??

Probably sounds like a silly question. But, just trying to find a few places to hunt this year.

2. foldem1

foldem1 Senior Refuge Member

oh yeah, its covered up. go check out the early goose season for sure:grvn

3. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

Hunting Mobile Bay is awesome. You go out opening day with 200 other retards trying to set up on one group of 100 gadwalls. Then after the opening day circus, all the gadwalls leave and we're left with about 10-15 buffleheads to shoot at the rest of the season. Come get a piece of the action if you want! :l :l

Seriously, it says you are from west TN, stay up there dude. The is a reason all of us go to MS, LA, and AR to hunt ducks.

4. dukilr

dukilr Senior Refuge Member

Oh yeh covered up, come on down.:cool:

5. T Lee

T Lee Senior Refuge Member

EXACTLY what the Duckslayer said!!!!

i still odnt know why people from Mississippi come to hunt here in the delta??? but you see them every year??:z

6. Greno

Greno Senior Refuge Member

I take offence to being called a retard!!!!!

Come on down. I am hoping that one day I can actually walk from boat to boat so I don't get my feet wet.

7. Delta Dave

Delta Dave Senior Refuge Member

Yeah, come on. Just don't forget your kazoo. You're supposed to blow it nonstop from about 45 minutes before sunrise until you leave. You'll also need a 5 billion candle power q-beam to shine around until shooting time. But most importantly come down and scout a couple days before opener and run through every group of birds on the water, that's how we scout down here, I'm sure the birds won't leave the area because of it.

The delta is very populated on both sides of it and every numb nut around here with a boat and a shotgun will be hunting it.

8. dukilr

dukilr Senior Refuge Member

[ You'll also need a 5 billion candle power q-beam to shine around until shooting time!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!! :l :l With me steady hollerin get that light out of my eyes. If you see me one time dont continue shining me I see you!!:tu

9. Ghetto Slaya

Ghetto Slaya Senior Refuge Member

Actually I am already down here. Have been here a few months now. I still have places in west tn to hunt over the holidays, so i am sure i will get my "killen" out then.

just want a place to go every now and then.

I understand the sarcasm. We always had plenty of idiots in TN too.

If anyone has any serious information, send me a pm.

10. T Lee

T Lee Senior Refuge Member

Ghetto-Slaya, in all seriousness, we are telling you the truth, im not even going to exagerate. Opening day down here is a three ring circus, and believe it or not its just like has been stated in this thread. years back the people that hunted the Delta had respect for each others blinds and decoys and you didnt have any problems, but now its cool to be a duck hunter down here, cause there is more and more hunters and less and less respect and less and less birds each year.

theres plenty of places to hunt down here, but 75% of the people want to hunt in the same 20 acre spot, and they all do exactly what was stated in this thread.

not being sarcastic or telling you not to hunt here but what has been said in this thread is true, whether you belive it or not!!

but any of the guys on here im sure would be glad to take you this season myself included just give us a shout !:tu