Alabama Flyway Forum Sponsors

Duck hunting out of a canoe

Discussion in 'Alabama Flyway Forum' started by FLHRC, Dec 17, 2012.

1. iamcwc

iamcwc Senior Refuge Member

I hunted out of a canoe with home made sponsons (outriggers) for years. I kinda miss those days in fact. I would hunt Wheeler lake during wind warnings - along with a 2hp evinrude. Never had a hint of a problem but I grew up using a canoe.
    Once you get a friend in who doesn't know how to move in a canoe, you might be in trouble. But I even had a retriever who knew how to move around without tipping the thing. Hunted every type of situation. Nowadays I probably use too big of a boat. - looking for comfort and speed. I would say so far as safety and usability: it ain't the boat, its the man.

2. goosenazi

goosenazi Elite Refuge Member

Dec. 2 in WI. About 1 miles out on Lake Michigan. 12' canoe hunting solo. But I'm not right in the head.:l

[​IMG]

3. RF2

RF2 Senior Refuge Member

More fun than a canoe. Shooting 'em in your face. :clap

[​IMG]

When you coming back to 'bama, Mr. GN? :D

4. goosenazi

goosenazi Elite Refuge Member

Hopefully sooner rather than later! It's tough with so many states I want to get to, so many people I want to hunt with yet, and all the people I've met on the way and want to see again...... Glad to see you're still getting the boat out. I remember shooting a can out of that:tu I have one of my own now, when you gonna get up here and try it out?