Duck Hunting Safety

Discussion in 'Washington Flyway Forum' started by Ducksergeantorg, Dec 28, 2017.

1. QuackAttack2

QuackAttack2 Elite Refuge Member

I tripped over a rock at Two Rivers/Mcnary 35+ years ago, went down face first, in 2+ feet of water. Wet from the head to tow, and no dry clothes in the truck. From that day forward, I always carry a duffel with dry clothes, doesn't matter where I am.
    I think the most valuable thing I can add to this thread is - SPOT is terrific, no doubt, but very few people have them. PLAN B - know how to get Long and Lat off your phone, and call 911. I have a MedStar membership, and highly recommend it. I don't care where u are, those guys will come get you.

2. Ducksergeantorg

Ducksergeantorg Senior Refuge Member

That's a great recommendation, I think I need to add dry clothes to my pack.

3. QuackAttack2

4. QuackAttack2

20+ years ago two guys walked into a tavern in Colville around lunch time and start telling the other guys at the bar, that they had shot some snow geese. Two game wardens were sitting in a booth, having lunch, listening in. When the hunters left the tavern , guess who followed them outside and asked to see their "snow geese".... Well guess what? ........
    they were swans.
    I stopped being surprised , by the what "hunters" will do, long ago.

5. Ducksergeantorg

Oh man that's crazy, you never know what can happen. Years ago on Fort Lewis me and a buddy we're hunting, he asked me why I didn't put out goose decoys, I said goose is closed this week...guess what, some guys down the lake opened up on some geese, I called the game warden...

6. Duck_Hunter_88

Duck_Hunter_88 New Member

At great personal risk of divulging where I like to hunt I'll keep this generic: Some counties and cities in WA require flares in boats being operated at night. It's worth checking into the local rules. They are not uniform throughout the state.

7. Ducksergeantorg

Oh, didn't know that, I do have a flaregun I carry in the boat. Guess I will pass that inspection