DUCK PICTURES!!!! Let's See 'EM!! OOSers...You too!! 2013/2014

Discussion in 'Arkansas Flyway Forum' started by MGDUCK2, Jan 27, 2014.

1. ouachitariverrat

ouachitariverrat Elite Refuge Member

a word of warning to you young folks....my right ear is shot out (left handed), if not for my left ear I couldn't hear it thunder....If I had it all to do over again, I'd be looking for some practical and simple hearing protection

2. possumfoot

possumfoot Elite Refuge Member

looking at the vid.. guy did not even flinch.. did not ring his ears..

you get your ears rung from the shock wave (rapid expansion of air) shockwaves dissipate extrodinarily quickly..

if it was a young kid, yea, throw out a butt chewwing.. someone who does not hunt much, same thing.. someone you feel save hunting around, non-issue. the shot was safe, but approaching uncomfortable.

3. livtohunt1on1

livtohunt1on1 Senior Refuge Member

4. Shove_shooter

Shove_shooter Elite Refuge Member

X2 but my left ear.......had a hearing test/exam from one of the best facilities in december last year. True.....

Testing nurse - "put on these headphones......when you hear a beep in either ear push this button"
    me - "OK"
    2 minute later....
    nurse - "Mr. Turner.......can you not hear anything....maybe these headphones are broken I will get another pair"
    2 minutes later.....
    Nurse - "let's just move on to the next test and see exactly what is wrong"..

an email from my wife one morning after we got to work......we wrk together and took the kids to school that morning......said i missed an entire conversation.

"Could we PLEASE get you a hearing test? I will set it up. Very frustrating not to be able to have a conversation with you. And even harder on the girls as I know you can’t hear them."