duck pit

Discussion in 'Missouri Flyway Forum' started by cam, Dec 7, 2018.

1. cam

cam Elite Refuge Member

any body ever hunt out of these pits they make [​IMG]

2. Cliner

Cliner Senior Refuge Member

I have hunted out of them a few times. Not the epitome of comfort but they get the job done. For the price, it's hard to beat if you're looking for economical. Make sure you anchor the pit well, I have a few friends who have had these pop.

I could be wrong on this but I think @Mack Molloy may have one of these at Gill Camp.

cam likes this.
  3. Cliner

Cliner Senior Refuge Member

I think I am wrong on that, may have been a bradley pit at gill camp. Regardless, my opinion is posted above.

4. Sunklands

Sunklands Elite Refuge Member

I have one with dog boxes on each end but, no storage area. Good rugged pit.

5. cam

cam Elite Refuge Member

would 6 ft 2 in person fit it ok ??????

6. Sunklands

Sunklands Elite Refuge Member

Sure, the four doors/lids can be adjusted to accommodate a persons height or the profile of the pit. They’re built to hunt, not luxury. Mine could stand to have a little wider bench. Could stand to have a few more ducks around it too.

3labman, WHUP ! Hen and cam like this.
  7. QakQak73

QakQak73 Refuge Member

We hunt out of Osceola pits.

Very sturdy and plenty of room.

Can hunt 6 comfortably and safely. We have dog boxes on each end, and both fields we have hunted with these pits, we take off the flip tops and do our own cover.

I highly recommend as well!

Yes Sunkland, more birds but the frustrating thing is all the birds Mingo reporting; they just not MOVING! They roost in our field by the thousands, only to get up 5 mins before shoot hours and not return... well they DO RETURN 1 minute AFTER shoot hours in evening.

8. Drakes Landing

Drakes Landing Senior Refuge Member Supporting Member

We have one on our place. 12’ with one dog box. It is a solid blind and really like the bench that can be slid from one side to the other so can hunt either side. Highly recommend the cut outs for storage inside the blind. Also the ladder and gun shell box holders are a nice feature. Make sure you get a good solid stable base or the blind floor will buckle up and down. We need to reset ours. Overall good solid blind!

Good Luck

9. cam

cam Elite Refuge Member

thanks for the input guys