Duck Portraits and More

Discussion in 'Photography Forum' started by Dizzy Duck, Jan 27, 2009.

1. du lifer

du lifer Senior Refuge Member

Great stuff Dizzy.

Hitch

2. Susquehanna Gauge

Susquehanna Gauge Elite Refuge Member

Just follow the big signs Dizzy put out with directions to the X.....

Enjoy it while you can..... It wont last forever.......:flame

3. brantboy2

brantboy2 Elite Refuge Member

4. Dizzy Duck

Dizzy Duck Elite Refuge Member

Oh my god...Here we go again!..............................................!!!!

Your a big Boy! You'll survive, Mama will make it all better!

Your worried about nothing....You are not going to loose that spot there!

I don't know where you are getting your information, but it's BS!

5. Susquehanna Gauge

I think its best that I just leave your comments alone... Before I really express my thougths...

I guess since you have finally found the secret spot that other have known about for many years you know it all...... You have all the sources.... all the knowledge..... On this forum you may be king **** to some but in the real photography world you're just another average photog like myself.... Sorry for bursting you're extra large bubble....

Coming from a guy who has issues with how people act on the Chesapeake Forum.. You really crack me up... You've shown your true colors my friend.....

In typical Dutch Navy Fashion.......

6. Dizzy Duck

Your the one who keeps making these little comments Scott and personally I'm sick of it.

You can have whatever opinion you want of me, I could care less! but then I don't see you going to the extra effort to help any of these people out either!

You simply come on here to brag about one of your pictures getting on a cover of a magazine or "look at me" look what I did".

It's just like the PM you sent me about how you knew your work was so good!

I think from now on you should just ignore me on here and I'll ignore you!

I have never said anything bad about you on here and I don't deserve the taunting you have given me over the past year. I've done nothing but complement your work on here in a positive manner so if you have this need to taunt people find someone else. It's one thing to have a little fun but this has gone way too far.

Enoough is enough!

7. Susquehanna Gauge

I would also like you to find a post where I brag about my work... Actually I believe that other have posted links to the photos I've had published... NOT ME.....I've been taking pics for about 4 years... Not very long... I still to this day answer countless emails and pm's about camera questions and will never stop that.. I've also invited numerous people to shoot pics with me and actually sat down at my house 2 nights ago with a fellow fuge member and went through my entire post processing deal with him to help him get the most out of his images. I have no problem helping others and will continue to do that... I have lots to learn about photography and post processing and hope my work will continue to get better over time.

As far as a PM about my work being good... I personally think my work is good... I try hard at this and have had some success at it... I will admit very little success.... Trust me...

You had to step over the line with the cry and mama comments... If you can dish it out... you better be able to take it back...

Sorry you dont understand where I'm coming from... I guess some people never will get it... Heck.. maybe its me and the group of guys I shoot with who just dont get it...:dv

8. terryger

terryger Elite Refuge Member

you boys don't make me come up there with my belt!!!!!:dv:dv

9. Dizzy Duck

That's all fine, but why the heck do you have to ride me so much about a so called secret spot that I only found out about a few months back from the visitors desk of the Black Water National Wildlife Refuge.

Your right, I don't get it? It's not some secret hunting spot? It's public knowledge on every birding website in the Mid Atlantic Region.

It's been written up in local newspapers as well as national publications about the rare species there.

Cambridge is not going to stop something that brings tourist dollars to their economy.

You need to realize something. It's not where you photograph a subject and how many others are there doing the same thing. It's how you shoot your subject, present it and how well you sell yourself to the print media. You seem to be doing just fine at that!:tu:tu:tu

This is a highly competetive field and it's up to you or us to out do the other guy or be more assertive in our selling.

You only shoot ducks Scott. (As far as we have seen) I have to fight this battle in many areas of this field. Am I to tell other photographers they can't use the same church I use for weddings .

10. Susquehanna Gauge

The exact part I dont get..

No you dont have to tell other photogs they cant use the same church as you... The deal is... when you have something unique and special you dont have to tell the world about it... Look how long it took you to find this spot and you most likely drove past it lots of times... Some things are just good enough in my opinion to keep to yourself....

If it's such public knowledge and has been written up in so many places why didnt you know about this years ago??????

Do as you wish... I can tell you that when I stumble across something great I will keep it close to me so it doesnt get destroyed...

End of story on my part.... :z:z:z

I'm just beating a dead horse on this one....