Duck Season

Discussion in 'Wisconsin Flyway Forum' started by Stumphunter, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Stumphunter

Stumphunter New Member

Well, the regs are out.... seems like the new guy took us back to where we were 10 years ago. Mississippi zone will close too soon, with ice up happening a month later. Sept 29!, what the... it will be likw hunting in Florida, 80 degree weather. Mmmmm love teal, wood suck, but really river hunters want there divers.

So depressing.

2. hyper23

hyper23 Senior Refuge Member

3. GK1

GK1 Elite Refuge Member

Ducks will die...I will be in the yard on a beautiful sunny October- November day..with a beer in hand cleaning and cooking them...life will be good.

4. pud123

pud123 Elite Refuge Member

Glad someone was paying attention when all of the questions were asked this spring.

5. Stumphunter

Stumphunter New Member

Hyper23,

Thanks for that link. The 2014 link is funny as ... we had a better set-up then.

The state of affairs is just said. It seems like the eastern side of the state gets heard, but the river hunters (Miss. Z.) Get overlooked. Why not leave the Miss. Z. open until xmas?

6. Stumphunter

Stumphunter New Member

Pud123,

I actually was not paying attention, but since 1995 it has not matter, from my experience.

The years have warmed and the bullcrap has got deeper. For some reason, I just happen to look at the regs and I was like what the flip, and thus.

7. Stumphunter

Stumphunter New Member

So your attn. questions mattered in spring? Are you for a Dec.4th close?

8. pud123

pud123 Elite Refuge Member

All this was hashed out, at extreme length, earlier this year. I’m too busy to feed a troll today. Carry on.

1duckmaster likes this.
  9. woodiefanatic

woodiefanatic Senior Refuge Member

Pretty sure most were out were ice fishing the river by Christmas last year. I was going to try my hand at the late goose over the holidays but the amount of ice made me skeptical about trying to run my boat.

pud123 and GK1 like this.
  10. Stumphunter

Stumphunter New Member

Pud123, no reason to get sour. You should be glad I am now on board Mr Elite Refuge Member.....

For ice, incorrect, we had the boats on the Miss., pool 9 until Jan. last yr. 2 yrs ago in was 2nd weekend in Dec. Longterm, Miss. Used to freeze around Nov. 30th. Trends I guess.

We will carry on.