duck suasage

Discussion in 'Cooking Forum' started by bigdrumnc, Jan 7, 2016.

1. bigdrumnc

bigdrumnc Elite Refuge Member

any duck sausage recipes and tips? can i use ground pork for the fat? thanks

2. NJC

NJC Refuge Member

I use all of the LEM seasonings. Italian and the maple breakfast sausage are my favorites. I blend in about 20% to 30% pork fat and I season the meat for 2 pounds greater than what the actual weight is

3. Coho

Coho Moderator Emeritus Moderator

Use pork fat as(I used pork butt) beef fat is not good.

4. jzee

jzee Elite Refuge Member

Just made 30lbs of snack sticks and Summer sausage, we used 25lbs of Goose and Duck and 5lbs of ground beef. Turned out great, we use beef for jerky also. The spice this time came from Gander Mt. Pre measured for 30lbs, including the casings.

5. JBRUNO4590

JBRUNO4590 Elite Refuge Member

Figure out what kind of sausage you want to make and then find a basic recipe and adjust for the amount of meat you have. This is a great site for sausage recipes. This way if you like some extra garlic or extra pepper you can add it and also you can control the quality of what goes in to you end product. http://www.lets-make-sausage.com/

6. warrenwaterfowler

warrenwaterfowler Senior Refuge Member

My hunting buddy and I just made 35 Lbs of summer sausage over the weekend. We used old squaw, bufflehead, golden eye, ringneck, goose, and some 2014 venison that's been in our freezers. We cut it with pork butt. We used the "Hi- country" seasoning kits- 1/2 regular and 1/2 jalapeƱo. It turned out great. No gamey old squaw taste whatsoever. IMG_20160221_225522179.jpg

Frisky whiskey likes this.
  7. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager