Duck Water Jamboree

Discussion in 'Diver Hunters Forum' started by DuckWater, Jul 24, 2010.

1. DHC

DHC Elite Refuge Member

What a bunch of jabronis. And no im not talkin about the Jamboree guys. Good Lord some of y'all need to get a life.

2. scrounger

scrounger Senior Refuge Member

who had the nice lay out set up with what looked to be H bars and wind ducks? tender looked like a 21' tdb. hunting the wall in point judith on the s.w. outside corner.

3. Joey Clams

Joey Clams Senior Refuge Member

To damage a man's property while they're not around is a pretty damn COWARDLY thing to do.
    As is growing cyber-muscles and making threatening posts on the computer.

Anyone who has a problem with these gentleman visiting their state should take a little trip over to the hotel and voice their concerns in person, I'm sure that there is someone there interested in what they have to say.

As far as next year, We'd love to host an event like this right here on Long Island.:tu

4. Waterfowl fool

Waterfowl fool Elite Refuge Member

Love it guys.... I wanted to ask if there was an award for "most shot up decoys"....lol

5. Josh B

Josh B Elite Refuge Member

One day remaining...and another gorgeous weather day on tap.

To the gentlemen reading these posts that are not RI residents or attendees of the DW event, you honestly do not have a say in this matter.

I have personally made contact with 4 of the groups of hunters in the last 2 days and all were very professional, courteous guys, just out doing it right, enjoying themselves and respecting the area. They were all appropriately licensed and had no problem understanding our laws/regulations. They were equally dumbfounded that some found things so complicated...I/we all appreciate it. These guys took their time on the water, waited for their shots and harvested nice mature birds. Those guys deserve a big :tu

Several of the 'locals' have made an effort to get to the launches and make contact to show these guys that we are out there looking out for them. These folks were warned as a "heads up"...not because a hunter was going to mess with them, but unfortunately we have a very strong anti-hunting community in these areas. I personally spoke with the guys whose rig was tampered with and even they believed the local hunters that shared the same story. Even the local epo's can confirm that the vandalism that waterfowlers in this state have experienced in recent years is due to a strong anti-hunting sentiment deeply rooted in the minds of some folks.

The issues arise when people go on national-broadcast radio and slander good intentioned local hunters and law enforcement. There is absolutely no need for this garbage and this will not be tolerated. I have not encountered these gentlemen and they seem to be the ones carrying a grudge. More so is the fact that the radio show host sides with and amplifies these allegations when he is some 1200+ miles west of here having no idea what is going on...

Enjoy your last day out there. Good luck, and remember, dead hens don't lay eggs:tu

-Josh

6. lunkerlineside

lunkerlineside Refuge Member

[​IMG]

7. kellys

kellys Elite Refuge Member

The issues arise when people go on national-broadcast radio and slander good intentioned local hunters and law enforcement. There is absolutely no need for this garbage and this will not be tolerated. I have not encountered these gentlemen and they seem to be the ones carrying a grudge. More so is the fact that the radio show host sides with and amplifies these allegations when he is some 1200+ miles west of here having no idea what is going on...

Enjoy your last day out there. Good luck, and remember, dead hens don't lay eggs:tu

-Josh[/QUOTE]

Josh, You have idiots there that want to ruin the event, Simple enough for you?? Be sure to listen to todays show Josh, You'll enjoy it, Kel

8. kellys

kellys Elite Refuge Member

*** clowns :tu Thats good stuff there Red, Have a great day boys, Lets get together and do a follow up show and see whats in the works for the next event, Kel

9. movedirt7

movedirt7 New Member

Bankes 19 with a Bankes 2 man layout. The H bars were home made and the Wind Duck was a Ure a Duck worked awesome thanks. Also thanks to everyone involved with the event and the people of Rhode Island I felt very welcome and we had a great time.

10. RJR Taxidermy

RJR Taxidermy Senior Refuge Member

like assclowns from RI who pretend to be from Mass...