Duck Water Jamboree

Discussion in 'Diver Hunters Forum' started by DuckWater, Jul 24, 2010.

1. dragon1681

dragon1681 Elite Refuge Member

I Had an awsome time. I was a little under the weather but enjoyed myself. Only sea duck hunted 1 day. Did a diver hunt the other then due to an issue with the trailor chose to rest for my ride home on Sun. Managed a sea duck limit on Fri and a diver limit on Sunday. It was great to meet alot of you guys and put some names with faces. Really enjoyed the gathering Sat. night and especially wanted to thank Steve Hoover for putting it on and Jeremiah and his wife for all there work and for putting up with us all. And of course wanted to thank Jack Renfrew for another great hunt with him.
    [​IMG]
    Myself with the New England Duck Commander
    [​IMG]

Tom L

2. labout

labout Moderator Moderator

J and miss J put on a hosting clinic. Mike went back MN today. I just dropped him off at the airport. Nice job to OSO for hosting a great event.

Steve, I think you have Pete talk into a new boat.

labout

3. labout

labout Moderator Moderator

a lot of the LOCAL business love that we were their for this event. They thanked us over and over again for all the LOCAL business! They were telling us that this time of the year they dont get alot of LOCAL business into the stores. The resturants were full around the area we hung our hats for 3 days. The hotel was full and the gas stations were getting business. Your local small convience stores were getting extra business for snacks and drinks. Now from what I have been told the local area business are still in the red after all the flooding RI got last spring. So they said this 3 days brought in sum very needed money to the LOCAL area. So for the business who dont depend on out of state money to survive they should be happy and want to thank us for what we did to help support the LOCAL area. Because the more money they make the more money they spent on LOCAL handymen to fix issues they may have at their LOCAL business.

Thats the way Non-Res roll when they come to town. Given back to the LOCALS

4. lunkerlineside

lunkerlineside Refuge Member

5. BayMan718

BayMan718 Elite Refuge Member

now that were safely back in ny i can recap my 3 days at the duck water event...

thursday we rolled into middletown with 3 other groups of hunters from long island...checked in..hit chilli and watched ducks rigs show up till the captains meeting..where OSO gave us the information on where we would be hunting friday morning...Jeremiah did his best to point us in the right dirrection and set it up so that there would be clusters of boats hunting in the same areas other so that if anyone had a problem arise help wouldnt be far..after dinner my group took the info given and looked over maps and charts to figgure out where in the area given we would hunt in the am..and off to bed...

friday morning..we left out of point judith...lots of boats at the ramp...but we managed to launch with out one incident....not knowing the area or had scouted it ourselves...the fact that one of the guys with us..has been know to get seasick and that we were in a 15ft boat...we opted to hunt inside the breakwater...in a spot to looked promising on the charts the night before...turned out we werent right on the x..but close enough to shoot a 3 man limit of by 930..made up of squaws...american scoter and eiders..one of which was a banded hen..and we gained valuable intel for saturday mornings hunt..

saturday morning we hunted the same area but adjusted slightly and limited on eiders by 830..spent the rest of the day scouting for divers for sunday am...and enjoyed a really entertaining evening at the dinner hosted by OSO..FEDERAL AMMO...DELTA WATERFOWL..AND DUCK WATER BOATS....i think saturday night was the highlight of my trip...great food..with great people who truely love waterfowling...

sunday am...we were tipped off on some golden eyes by the steve k. and garry K. from eastcoastwaterfowlers.com and waterfowl creations... so we launched out of wickford harbor.. and set up just east of the breakwater...only to have the starter short out on the 90 hp suzuki on my buddys boat..leaving us dead in the water at 630am. and unable to pick up birds...we notified both jeremiah and steve hoover of our problem...and they got back to us very quickly working on a rescue plan for us..in the meantime we watched alot of golden eyes..buffies and scup work the rig...but couldnt shoot because we had no way to pick up dead birds or chase cripples...we got a hold of steve k. who went above and beyond and ran 12 miles to help tow us in..marty and the ohio crew offered to tow us in as well when they passed by but steve k made it to us before they could come back from dropping off the layout boat :doh...a million thanks to both steve k and marty from ohio...it was awsome to have people around us willing to help out when someone needed it..part of what made this event run so smoothly...

despite sundays mishap...we had an amazing time at the duck water event...we didnt run into one "local" hunter...didnt have any problems with vandalism... and the DNR officers we encountered treated us with respect...Jeremiah and Steve H. put together a great event...despite threats...and baby bull**** by some locals...my hats off to them..i had a great time in RI...and WILL be back next year for sure...

i look forward to next years jamboree already...really hope its on long island so that our local hunters can show you how we roll..and how we treat ALL waterfowlers...

to everyone i met at the event..it was a pleasure to spend time bull****ting about ducks..and meeting respectful waterfowlers from different parts of the country...

:tu

6. SOUTHBAYMAN

SOUTHBAYMAN Elite Refuge Member

WELL A BIG THANKS GOES OUT TO CAPT JEREMIAH FROM OCEAN STATE OUT FITTERS AND STEVE HOOVER FROM DUCK WATER BOATS .WHAT A SUPER TIME.WE MET A LOT OF GREAT GUYS AND HAD A REALL GOOD TIME EVEN THOUGH MY BOAT BROKE DOWN THE SECOND DAY.THE SAT NIGHT GATHERING WAS TOP NOTCH AWESOME FOOD AND A GREAT BUNCH OF GUYS JUST TALKING ABOUT WHAT WE ALL LOVE WATERFOWLING!!!.THANKS TO FEDERAL FOR SHOWING UP AND HANDING OUT A BUNCH OF COOL ITEMS FOR THE GUYS AND ALL THE CREW FROM URE DUCKS THEY BROUGHT SOME COOL TROPHIES TO HAND OUT AND WERE VERY BUSY DOING THE FILMING!!!! THANKS TO HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS THEY WERE AWESOME.THANKS TO THE DELTA BOYS FOR COMING DOWN AND HANDING SOME STUFF OUT TO THE GUYS !!!IT WAS GREAT MEETING SOME NEW GUYS AND SEEING SOME GUYS FROM THE PAST.BASICALLY JUST AN ALL AROUND AWESOME TIME !!!!:tu:grvn

7. Duck Monster

Duck Monster Senior Refuge Member

Man what a great looking dog!!! Peakes and big water go together like peas and carrots!! Gotta love them browndogs.

8. Whitecap2000

Whitecap2000 Elite Refuge Member

I would also like to extend my sincerest gratitude to Jeremiah and Steve Hoover for putting on a successful and fun-filled weekend. My crew, Adam (Duckdaddy19), Larry (Bayman718), and I had a phenomenal time gunning Rhode Island, despite the drama leading up to the event. We met a ton of great people, had a ton of laughs, and shot some great birds, one of which sported some jewelery (Bayman's bird, of course). As Larry stated earlier, all of the local authorities that we encountered were extremely gracious and polite. The only negative for the weekend for us was the motor problems we had on Sunday (probable blown starter).

A HUGE "thank you" goes out to Steve K and Marty from Ohio for being there for me when it came time for a tow back to the ramp. We've all been in situations like this before, and it's comforting to know that we can count on ourselves to bail us out of difficult jams. I owe you guys, big time!

I'll see everyone at next year's Jamboree.

BTW - Jeremiah, your wife can cook for me anytime!! :l:l

Phil

9. greg_gbur

greg_gbur New Member

On Sunday we really got into the eiders and filled our limit quickly and after that last bird was brought back to the boat, he refused to come in off the rear deck....chessies don't want to hear about bag limits:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks again to Jeremiah, Steve and everyone for getting this event organized.

10. Ocean State

Ocean State Senior Refuge Member

Sea Duck Hunting Rhode Island,Massachusetts,New En
    I would like to thank everyone who came out to the DW Jamboree!! There were a lot of trophy birds taken and a good time was had by all!!

Even though she will never read this I would like to send huge thanks out to my beautiful wife Kendra who really played a big part in the Jamboree!!

Thanks to Delta Waterfowl. Those boys drove all the way up from the Carolinas to attend the one night of festivities.

Sean and Mike from Federal what can I say? It was a real pleasure and I thank you for donating so much to this event.

Ure-a-duck Big ?T?, Doug and Garrett thanks for the trophies and the support!!

We as a group were met with adversity!! This I still don?t understand and I apologize for, but no matter we brought much needed revenue during a slow time of year in a not so great economy to a lot of local businesses!! I have received a few phone calls with thanks attached to them. Most businesses would love to have the event back again next year!!!!

With that being said the event was awesome and I look forward to being at the DW Jamboree next year!!
    Please be safe and I hope everyone?s season continues to be great!! If it isn?t just go down and hunt with Larry ?Bayman? It?s bound to get better!!