Duck Water Ocean 18 Complete

Discussion in 'Diver Hunters Forum' started by DuckWater, May 15, 2011.

1. murdock84

murdock84 Elite Refuge Member

haha, If you are Brian, I am Brent, and then yes I did talk to you.

2. DuckWater

DuckWater Senior Refuge Member

DukBum,

What do you think of Mike's new rig?

Murdock, Things are looking good for your new rig. I may post a picture a bit later.

3. DuckWater

DuckWater Senior Refuge Member

Here you go Brent!This is already the third Ocean 18 built. We are getting another one in for next week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brent, we will need to discuss the paint scheme soon!

4. murdock84

Steve, I will give you a call about paint. Actually I sent you an email but I am going to give you a call anyway. I was out on the river the past few days and I think my current boat is already sold.

Thanks,
    Brent

5. DukBum

DukBum Refuge Member

Steve mikes new boat is great,we hope to have it out on the water this weekend.There is 10 years diffrance between my Duck Wangler and his Duck Water and it says alot on fare you have come in this short amount of time with biulding boats.After my Daughter gets out of collage I plan on upgrading to a new 15 ocean from you .I tend to like my boats on the simple side and the 15' seam to fit my style of hunting.Murdock you will love your boat when you see it .

6. murdock84

I called Steve earlier and told him that the motor and my electronics just arrived as well. Things are coming together nicely. Still need to get my stereo system and a VHF Radio. Just not sure what I want to get. I have no real VHF radio experience. No one really had them on boat in my area but I want to ready for where ever the boat takes me.

7. barngeatbayman

barngeatbayman Elite Refuge Member

25 Watt VHF radio ICOM and Standard Horizon are good brands a good feature to have is one that will interface with the GPS incase of emergency and will broadcast your LAT/LONG to the Coasties. Hope that helps

8. murdock84

Capt. Larry, thanks for the advise. I will be looking at them. I did look briefly at them but did not know what ones are the good brands. I will have a NMEA 2000 system in the boat for the Garmin and Merc Monitor and planned on getting a radio that will tie into that system as well.

9. duckstuff

duckstuff Senior Refuge Member

Brent,

Let me know when you get delivered. We will have a DW Jamboree on the sand bar!

LOL

10. murdock84

duckstuff, sounds good to me. I should have it in about 2 weeks or so. Then hopefully it takes only a few days to get the motor rigged up.
    I am going to try to meet Chris V tommorrow for a little out on the river with the dogs. I just talked to the Fish Commission guy for the area and he said Blue Rock is a mud hole right now and that is where Chris planned to put his boat in.