Duck with Grand Marnier

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Coho, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Coho

Coho Moderator Emeritus Moderator

Filet the breasts off a nice fat duck including the plucked skin. Cross hatch just the skin with a sharp knife. Soak in salted water over night. Pat dry and salt and pepper. Cook 1 piece of bacon in a small pan to render the fat over medium low heat.
    Remove bacon. (eat bacon as snack :D) Add duck skin side down. Cook until browned..rendering the duck fat. Turn the duck and continue cooking. In a small bowl have 1 shot Grand Marnier, 1/4 cup orange juice, 1 Tbsp finely sliced Ginger sticks, pinch of cloves, allspice, cinnamon, clove of crushed garlic. As duck nears doneness put all the above over the duck. Watch for flames. Simmer a minute and remove duck to plate. Reduce sauce. As it starts to brown add some butter (about a Tbsp) and red pepper flakes(taste). Simmer until thickened. Then pour over duck.

You can double, triple recipe, etc..as to # of duck breasts.. Enjoy. Its a A1 recipe for a nice fat puddle duck.

[​IMG]

callinfowl likes this.
  2. rmpflyfish

rmpflyfish Elite Refuge Member

That looks great. Printed out and put in the recipe book. Now all I have to do is kill a duck.

RMP..

3. 733SubDucker

733SubDucker Elite Refuge Member

Looks great!!! I was suprised when I saw this because I have been experimenting with the SAME THING!

I do my recipe only slightly different. I marinade the breasts in Orange Marmelade and Grand Marnier. That's it. I do like adding the crushed pepper flakes too. It balances the sweet.:tu

4. tedbower

tedbower Refuge Member

Trying it tonight sounds good.

5. O'Mordha

O'Mordha Banned

Coho's recipe here is amazing! One thing I did change though, is that I add brown sugar to sweeten it up and a little cornstarch to thicken it up.

6. sapidusandsuds

sapidusandsuds Senior Refuge Member

Wow! I stumbled on this doing a site-wide search for recipes...substituted a half dozen CAGO for duck breasts (and pounded them flat a bit first). Used the crispy bacon afterward in a skillet with some wild rice, onions and shrooms. Perhaps the best waterfowl meal I've ever enjoyed. Daughter and her girlfriend just plowed through two helpings and the friend has never had goose before.

Great stuff, thanks for the tip!:clap

7. Blackbart

Blackbart Elite Refuge Member

Just tried my hand at this recipe, thanks for sharing Bruce it was great!!

8. Coho

Coho Moderator Emeritus Moderator

Mmmmmmm Had some last night..TASTEY!:yes:yes

9. Main Duck

Main Duck Senior Refuge Member

Making my mouth water, Thanks for posting will be trying this tomorrow night.:bow

10. Luigi Daniele

Luigi Daniele Elite Refuge Member

in a blind watching the specks and sprig work
    Will be trying. It looks awesome!