Dulling a New Snow Cover

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by Frenchy in AK, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Frenchy in AK

Frenchy in AK Senior Refuge Member

I'm trying desperately to figure out how to "dull" my bright shiny new snow cover. I have read a few posts in the past that talked about soaking them in a 5-gallon bucked full of diluted white paint. But wanted to get some first hand ideas and instructions.

I'm using a Hard-Core Man cave, and I don't think I could find another snow cover if I somehow trash the one i got with a botched job.

So any help, ideas, tricks you guys might have to help me take the shine and blue off of my snow cover would sure be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. dani

dani Refuge Member

I'd rub mud on a small part of a corner and rinse it off and look at the results.

3. bustsducks

bustsducks Elite Refuge Member

I just got through white washing several snow covers. I used Killz water based primer diluted with water. start a mix of 1 part primer to 2 parts water and give the cover a dunk. If the mix is to thick dilute to 1 part primer 3 parts water. I used a large tote to dunk and swish the covers. It makes one hell of a mess but well worth it. No more blue hue and no more sheen

Attached Files:

callinfowl likes this.