dummy launcher, hand held or remote control?

Discussion in 'Gun Dog Forum' started by Teamjefe, Jan 10, 2017.

1. P Frey

P Frey Senior Refuge Member

I have a handheld retriever trainer right now but I'm interested in a versa launcher

2. WITX68

WITX68 New Member

I have a handheld and it’s been great. I’m interested now in a remote launcher because I don’t always have a buddy to help me out when I train... And my wife is a nurse so she’s on 12’s. A remote launcher would help keep my pup’s eyes out in front where they’re supposed to be instead of knowing that the bird comes from me.

Handheld for sure but I would seriously contemplate a remote launcher that can also be used as a handheld. My pup does great on marks but she last has caught on that I toss the birds.... which in turn i had to toss rocks at dead ducks to get her retrieving.. her first season so I’m just happy she picks up birds haha. In my case a remote setup would help me clear up issues.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  3. BAYDOG

BAYDOG Moderator- Diver, NY Forum, Refuge Classifieds Sponsor Moderator Flyway Manager

Phelps,New York (Heart of the Finger Lakes)
    Coming soon to Baydogsupply!! The Side kick! Handheld is also removable. New sidekick.jpg

duck dawg likes this.
  4. WITX68

WITX68 New Member

Is this a remote set up?

5. BAYDOG

BAYDOG Moderator- Diver, NY Forum, Refuge Classifieds Sponsor Moderator Flyway Manager

Phelps,New York (Heart of the Finger Lakes)
    Yessir, can be used with any modern release electronics, and will be available with Retriev-R-Trainer electronics for less then the DT Systems single. And like the big brother Versa Launcher, is expandable! Should hit the market in two weeks or so.

6. Scout_mn

Scout_mn Senior Refuge Member

I really like my gunnars up launchers with sport dog remote. I can throw bumpers, Bird dummies, And ducks. If your spending the money get something you can use everything on.

7. choc24/7

choc24/7 Elite Refuge Member

go remote. i have a hand one and dont care for it. frickin loud and plays havoc with my wrist. got the remote launchers and love them. plus better for teaching marking. got a versa launcher with 3 launchers on it also and realliy like it. quicker, smaller and easier to set up. fits in the back seat or trunk

BAYDOG likes this.
  8. duck dawg

duck dawg Senior Refuge Member

If you are going to be training alone and can afford it, I'd go with a remote setup. IMO the RRT Vesa-Launcher is the best remote launcher for using dummies. If you are going to train with birds, go with the Zinger Winger or Gunners Up. I recommend the Dogtra remote release electronics.

9. duck dawg

duck dawg Senior Refuge Member

Looking forward to this.

10. Misty Marsh

Misty Marsh Elite Refuge Member

Remote for sure. Leads to better training and less problems