Dunklin WMA - Whaaaaat?

Discussion in 'Arkansas Flyway Forum' started by booger, Jan 29, 2017.

1. booger

booger Elite Refuge Member

George H. Dunklin Jr. WMA? Why must your Game & Fish continually bugger the traditional names of your WMA's? They must think pretty highly of themselves. Sheffield Nelson too? huh?

How am I supposed to find paw-paws hole of death when you keep confusing me.:scratch

I'm going to hafta race to the first patch of buck brush in the ditch and hunt there with the Carolina hands.:doh

Tighten up you Arkie fartknockers.

Hugatree likes this.
  2. DHC

DHC Elite Refuge Member

I feel like you were trying really hard to be funny, but failed miserably.

Diprivan likes this.
  3. Hugatree

Hugatree Elite Refuge Member

I heard this pinnacle of brown nosing dumb azzery had been shot down. Does anyone think George Dunklin gives a tinker's dam if his name is attached to what is arguably the most storied public green timber venue in the world? He has everything he needs. He didn't do what he has done to benefit Bayou Meto to get his name on a sign that will probably be torn down anyway.

4. stumpy waters

stumpy waters Elite Refuge Member

I agree that the Commissioners voting their names onto WMAs and lakes they probably have never even stepped foot on was a sad joke, but unless something new has come up, Dunklin declined to have his name put on a WMA when he exited the commission a number of years ago.

5. gascrewgunn

gascrewgunn Senior Refuge Member

Rex Hancock...there's a deserving man/name!

6. booger

booger Elite Refuge Member

Stumpy something new has already happened. They voted Thursday the 19th to rename it, while everyone was out hunting. The AGFC already shows it on the maps as "George Dunklin Jr Bayou Meto Wildlife Management Area."

I'll agree on Rex Hancock for sure.

Seriously, I was number five in the ditch and one of the first four ran straight for the bushes. If you weren't in the woods all last week you missed a hell of a show. 20 gauge limits, coulda been a .410.:grvn

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2017/...you-meto-wma-for-dunklin/?sports-recreational

7. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

Glad ya'll had good luck down that way. Hunted NE AR the last few days and it was slim pickins on a timber WMA up there... Did scratch out some ducks on the last day though. Looking to the sky so everyone could get the full effect... :l

last day 2016-2017.jpg

booger and Hugatree like this.
  8. Hugatree

Hugatree Elite Refuge Member

What a sad development. Who do these brown nosing, boot licking, name dropping hacks think they are? It will always be Bayou Meto to me.

9. CJS

CJS Senior Refuge Member

I want to know what he got accomplished to have his name tied to bm? Place still looks the same to me other than a small project to clear some brush. All i remember about him is he was afraid to take a stand against robo ducks.

10. CookMan

CookMan Elite Refuge Member

Nothing was done. Cash money and the boys club!