Dunklin WMA - Whaaaaat?

Discussion in 'Arkansas Flyway Forum' started by booger, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Arkansas Slim

Arkansas Slim Senior Refuge Member

now that right there is funny and spot on!

All those commissioners voted themselves a "participation trophy".... Just proves they aint worth a darn and have no character or integrity.

2. rhpierce

rhpierce Elite Refuge Member

I'm not going to question their integrity or character.

I just wonder why it is suddenly vogue to rename the WMA's for commissioners...the next set just renames them again, and again, etc. And everyone will still call it Bayou Meto, the Metro, Thunderdome, Scatters, Upper, Lower, Long Pond, Beaver Dam, whatever.

If something is named after someone, then it seems to me it should be for a reason that pretty much everyone says, "oh...well, yeah...of course".

What's next...The Dunklin/Bayou Meto Wildlife Management Area, brought to you by Winchester and Mack's Prairie Wings...Shirey Bay/Rainey Brake WMA, sponsored by Havoc Boats, G&H Decoys and Mojo?

Hugatree and stevena198301 like this.
  3. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

I could see that coming...

On a somewhat similar note... Was cruising Northbound up the highway yesterday. On the Southbound lanes, a cop in a brand-spanking-new Mustang had another car pulled over. As I got to the driver side door of the cop car, I could see the designed "line" down the door (typical pinstripe on all HSV police cars). What was different on this one, was that inside that pinstripe line, THERE WAS A SPONSOR (? :scratch ). Woody Anderson Ford was actually written on the side of the car. Never seen that before...