Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

E callers all season!!

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by Scotty, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Scotty

Scotty Elite Refuge Member

I asked before- I am asking again!
    How can we make it so e callers can be used for snow geese only all of snow goose season?
    Or at least during the youth day.
    Honestly, why does the conservation order close on youth day? Youth day is not a regular waterfowl season day, and frankly many people without kids that hunt, or that don't have a kid to take, or are on a guided hunt get basically shafted.

Enforcement is a non issue, because there are so many things you can get busted for.

If you are caught shooting canadas or ducks over a white spread, or have any Canada or duck decoys out and are running the e caller- you get busted.

If you want to do a combo hunt- you simply don't take the e caller.

You could even require plugs and regular shooting hours during the regular season.

Especially since the spring season is a conservation season- yet we lose a week to canadas, why not do everything possible to help reduce the population?

With the flyway meetings coming up- I really think this should be a suggestion.

Or at least allow them on youth day- for those that are wanting to snow goose hunt that day.

I would think, especially in the MS and Central flyways, with the lesser population the way it is- I think it's time to implement this.

2. mrsteve

mrsteve Senior Refuge Member

Agree. Common sense ain't so common.

Scotty and Mr_Mallard like this.
  3. joecitrano

joecitrano Senior Refuge Member

If the idea of conservation season is to truly reduce the # of snows why don't they let us hunt them on Sunday's? There's a bunch of deer Sunday's in md now n this isn't actually a season it's a conservation order ? It would be a good way to get foot in the door

4. joecitrano

And I agree 100% with Scotty for sure

5. Trevor Shannahan

Trevor Shannahan Elite Refuge Member

Half or more of outfitters run them during regular season anyways.

6. joecitrano

Are you serious t?

7. Trevor Shannahan

Trevor Shannahan Elite Refuge Member

I know a bunch that do. Back in the day it wouldn't have mattered, the old blood in DNR wouldn't have cared because it's snows and they want all of them dead. I wouldn't risk it these days though, too many new officers with no actual knowledge of hunting or conservation, and no nuance about situations.

8. mrsteve

I wonder if they guides would want this. Saturday night is their only day off. Haha.

9. joecitrano

I'd bet most guides aren't booked six days a week around here. I can see it out west with lessers with permanent spreads waiting on migrators. But they really want to put a hurtin on em why not Sunday's? N as far as guides go they don't have to book Sunday's

10. mrsteve

The good one(s) is/are...