E Callers question

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunters Forum' started by BlueBeak, Feb 11, 2012.

1. BlueBeak

BlueBeak Senior Refuge Member

Can someone explain how the "sound download" actually works on those new digital callers???? I have an OLD cassette tape type caller with the loudspeaker on a 50'cord and a very heavy battery. Works well but its just plain wearing out. I want to get a new caller but I'd like it to call continuously until I turn it off. Can you do that with a downloaded sound? I'm thinking I would have to repeat the same sound bite over and over, always messing with the buttons on the remote and having silence between every "repeat". Thats no good for crows. Thanks for any insight, BB
    Also, if you hunt crows, what e-caller do you use?

2. HeadHunter

HeadHunter Senior Refuge Member

I use a Fox Pro and simply love it. Fumbling with the remote is not problematic. I primarily use it to call Yotes and Crows. Although, I have called Bobcats and Red Fox as well.

Regarding crows. The crow and owl fight is good but after a while the birds will become call shy. Then I switch to crow fight and use another caller with either a dying crow or dying rabbit. It does the trick. Dying bluejays work too but be ready because Yotes will show up for that one as well. Crow gathering works good the last 2 hours of the day.

Good luck and welcome to the joys of an electronic caller.