Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

EARLY MIGRATION?

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by Uncle Fuzzy, Jan 22, 2017.

1. jthomp01

jthomp01 Refuge Member

I agree with likesbigspreads. Had a pretty good size fees lined up for this morning in central IL and they never showed. Only saw a few thousand flying south high. Managed to scratch a handful out from the smaller groups.

2. WingedShooter7

WingedShooter7 Senior Refuge Member

For you guys hunting in IL, what do you think of that Rick Hamm character?

3. 81arnghunter

81arnghunter Refuge Member

I'm down at Horseshoe Lake in Alexander county

4. jthomp01

jthomp01 Refuge Member

Been having any luck down there ? I drove down through the Cache area and onto the Shoe a few nights ago and it was slim pickins. After we got home from central IL this afternoon i headed over to Ware and didn't see a snow. Lot of specks and spreads though :l

5. 81arnghunter

No it's pretty dead. talked to a truck driver said he said there were some outside of Blytheville Arkansas.

6. jthomp01

jthomp01 Refuge Member

Well according to the ole Facebooks, Eaglehead and Habitat Flats are doing alright for themselves down there right now. I really wish that Mizzou came in on the 1st this year instead of the 7th. I'm sure there are some on the Arkansas/Missouri line. I just think we are in the lull area. Birds north and birds south and nothing happening to make them move until the beginning of next week.

81arnghunter likes this.
  7. 81arnghunter

One nice thing about down there, when it's slow Ouidas opens at 10. go soak your sorrows in a beer and grab a burger!

DEADEYE and jthomp01 like this.
  8. likesbigspreads

likesbigspreads Elite Refuge Member

Snow cover maps indicate the snow line is at the IL/Wi border and runs west from there. We got most of our geese on the 21st of Jan, I assume alot have already pushed through our area. I hope next weeks cold weather pushes the main flock back and slows this migration down a little bit.
    Dont really know the guy, alot of guys hate him, but he works hard at what he does and kills snows.

9. WCPOPO

WCPOPO New Member

Saw most snows between the Morgan and Cass county lines and Macomb. Quite a few flying from meredosia lake north east toward a feed. Quite a few around Adair west of the big grain bins MN hunter if you're looking for areas. Nothing north of that that I saw

10. WCPOPO

WCPOPO New Member

check my post above. Adair to the McDonough and Schuyler county line had quite a few. Too far for me to drive. Good luck