Early Season Honker hunt

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by bullet head, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Refugeguy

Refugeguy Senior Refuge Member

Free batteries with purchase

2. Jim Dandy

Jim Dandy Elite Refuge Member

I've got 5 flappers, 7 kites and 4 dozen full bodies for a public land spot where I know for sure 2 honkers are right now. It's gonna take me 5 trips from dock to spot in my 10 foot boat. I'm going out after work to spend the night in the marsh to make sure I get my spot. 3 boxes of BDX 3.5" BBB and a Patternmaster extended range choke. Ima Git 'em!!!!!!!!!!!

Dandy

3. Winchester 1897

Winchester 1897 Elite Refuge Member

I might jump a pond or two, but I'm goin deer and blue grouse huntin with my grandpa

Mean Gene likes this.
  4. Refugeguy

Refugeguy Senior Refuge Member

Wheat field till 9 am . by that time Jose and Juan will have scared them off the park with the mowers and blowers and I'll hit em in
    The pond .

5. JRS

JRS Elite Refuge Member

I go, to go.
    The best part about not shooting anything is bird cleaning.

6. Jim Dandy

Jim Dandy Elite Refuge Member

Actually I'm only going to eat the leftover manicotti from tonight at 7AM tomorrow.

Dandy

Wareagle1 and callinfowl like this.
  7. DuckFan

DuckFan Elite Refuge Member

I have a feeling you may be a young man, and very excited about hunting. Been online for almost a year and only a few posts. I think you already knew the answer to that question, but really wanted to come on here and get a thread started, to discuss the early season. Its always fun to be close the regular season opener - gets the blood pumping.

So, let me just say that you should feel free to come on more often and share your thoughts and input. Tell us a bit about your hunting career (just starting out, hunt with friends, what kind of hunting do you do, refuge hunter? etc).

Hope you were able to get out on that property you had access on...and got a mess of them.

:tu