Early Teal and Wood duck season news (and Dove news too)

Discussion in 'Florida Flyway Forum' started by du lifer, Jun 5, 2014.

1. du lifer

du lifer Senior Refuge Member

https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/em5akq

Above is a UW-F link to a copy of the supplemental proposals for the 2014-2015 migratory bird seasons. Among other things; this document describes the various flyway councils? recommendations for early duck seasons and an expansion of Dove season to 90 days from the previous 70 days. The Atlantic Flyway Council recommends an increase in the bag limit for teal during early season from 4 to 6 teal so for the five day season the daily limit would be 6 birds total, no more than two can be wood ducks. The Atlantic Flyway Council is also recommending a 4 day extension of the early teal season to begin at the conclusion of the 5 day teal/wood duck season. The extension would include a 6 teal/day limit.

As this is not a sure thing yet, especially regarding the 4 day early teal season extension, it is advisable for as many of us as possible to send comments to the DOI by following the instructions in the attachment under the ADDRESSES section found on the first page.

Thanks, Hitch

2. Duckwild

Duckwild Refuge Member

I know everybody will dislike this but I really wish they would do away with the early woodduck season and just let us shoot 6 teal. A lot of the woodys are our resident birds at that time and in my opinion it doesn't help us at all. Ive seen people mention that the guys in the Northern part of Florida would dislike that but im from as north florida as you can get and we get plenty of teal to make for some incredible hunts. just my opinion though.

3. Glades Ranger

Glades Ranger Elite Refuge Member

If I could have more teal hunting days and keep the 4/day limit, I would be happy as pie. Now 6/day would be really spoiling me- I might retire this year instead of waiting another five. :D Yes, I am a little mad, but those who venture in late September must be, to put up with storms, skeeters, and sweat. I have not missed a season yet. I do regret the loss of so much public dove hunting land...that I miss terribly.