Early winter..

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by por boy, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

I'm seriously considering bugging out Monday. I'n not sure I want to sit here for 2 weeks and hope to get in 4-5 days of fishing out of that, especially when I've got things to button up in Oregon?California before I head to South Dakota.

2. Fsbirdhouse

Fsbirdhouse Senior Refuge Member

Well, If you drop down this way before Thursday drop in and say hello.
    Give me a couple hours lead time with a call before you do!

3. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

See Gene that's the good part about being RETIRED , before you get just TIRED ! :l
    Surely you'll have plenty of time to relax while driving across country and going WEST before EAST , kinda tells the story ?
    Have a Safe trip both ways , as I think your anticipation of a early winter could be right ! OR , those mighty Headwinds going east can be a Bummer .

4. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

The real bummer is three major weather forecasting agencies all have a differing "opinion" of what's going to happen over the next 2 weeks. I'd hate to leave early and miss some really good fishing weather, but at the same time I don't to stick around just to watch it get wet and freeze. Choices, choices, choices. :l:l

5. Fsbirdhouse

Fsbirdhouse Senior Refuge Member

I guess we've had nice wet Septembers before, and I guess we've had pretty cool ones as well, but to have both?
    Not exactly what I visualize as a typical Rocky Mountain Indian Summer, but I'll take it over one in the 80*s