Eastern guides

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunters Forum' started by skimerhorn, Jul 30, 2017.

1. skimerhorn

skimerhorn Refuge Member

Looking at doing a out of state trip. Will have the wife and little o ne with me so I want to go the easy route with a guide and lodge. Right now I'm looking at turkey trot acres in N.Y.. anybody have any experience with them or know any other good outfitter?

2. possumfoot

possumfoot Elite Refuge Member

there is a guy in Mid. Tn that i know. and he strait slays turkeys. success rate is something crazy. think he said he had 1 guy this year not kill a bird, but he missed 4.

3. seaduckhunt

seaduckhunt Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Turkey trot is the best out there ! Top notch. All turkey who's who, have hunted there Rob Keck, Matt Morett, etc . Top call makers, famous athletes, on and on. But you know what, that really does not matter much to me, what I like about it, is Pete Claire and his wife Sherry, go above and beyond to make your stay and hunt world class. I guide folks for Eastern's , and her I am telling you, if you are looking at Turkey Trot, you won't be disappointed.

4. skimerhorn

skimerhorn Refuge Member

I have been talking to Pete actually. They are at the top of my list. I'm glad to hear a positive review from someone who has actually hunted there

5. seaduckhunt

Tell him I gave you the OK...

6. skimerhorn

skimerhorn Refuge Member

Haha will do. What kind of hunting is it up there if you don't mind me asking? Hardwoods, pines? Obviously there are plenty of birds there

7. seaduckhunt

Pete has access to many properties. Hardwoods, fields, all. Beautiful farms, God's country. The lodge is awesome, food second to none. Best of all, Pete and his guides all know turkey hunting, and are good with their clients. I covered Pete for a story for NWTF magazine, in fact, if you go, the cover photo that he has framed in the middle of all the famous MLB and NFL players that have hunted there, is mine.

8. skimerhorn

skimerhorn Refuge Member

I'm excited. Will be my first out of state hunt. I've only ever chased turkeys here in va

9. seaduckhunt

Matt Morett with Avian X just did a TV show there... was in Sportsman channel.

10. skimerhorn

skimerhorn Refuge Member

Believe I saw that. It was a fall turkey hunt with dogs right?