Ecaller for Coyotes

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunters Forum' started by Fanatic, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Fanatic

Fanatic Elite Refuge Member

Hello,

Just getting into coyote hunting and was hoping someone here can fill me in on ecallers. Like right right step A to step Z kind of thing as I/we know nothing about them. Thanks in advance!!

2. BigFoot

BigFoot Senior Refuge Member

Rochester,Ill. Sangamon "I love the smell of diese
  3. calling4life

calling4life Elite Refuge Member

Well, they can be as simple as picking up a little amp from radio shack, a powerhorn speaker and some cable strung to your phone/ipod.

Or, as difficult as you feel like going, you could rig one up with several speakers to help give the illusion of many coyotes, or multiple animals in distress.

Production calls, the FoxPro are the industry standard, the new primos calls are decent, but they will have problems in cold. Both allow you to upload sounds from the internet, a very nice feature.

Depending upon how you hunt and the area you hunt, there is a flavor for you.
    There really isn't much to say, they are what they are, you can use the same ecaller you use for snows if you want.
    Don't be negligent when setting it out though, the more you expose yourself, the better chance you have of being caught by the coyotes.

4. Little Fritto

Little Fritto Senior Refuge Member

Wildlife Technologies Mighty Atom is the way to go. True to life sounds produced by acoustical engineers. Never had a foxpro, as I haven't cared for their marketing ploys and ethics to control forum chatter about ecallers.

But you can buy one heck of a nice collection of predator hand calls for the price of one decent ecaller.

5. TonyMo

TonyMo Elite Refuge Member

I also am just getting interested in coyote hunting and trying to find locations to go. I didn't want to spend a whole lot on a caller so I made one.
    I haven't used it yet, but I made it with the instructions from this site:

http://www.varmintal.com/ahunt.htm

6. ODH

ODH Senior Refuge Member

I bought a Primos turbo dog and love it....you can download like 500 sounds....only like $150.