Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Ecaller sounds and recommended callers

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by cole carroll, Jan 2, 2017.

1. cole carroll

cole carroll New Member

i was wondering if anyone knew or would give me some feedback on some snow goose soundtracks they use.. I'm new to goose hunting and I bought snows down low but was wondering if it's any good or if y'all prefer one over the other... also over the summer I plan on buying a nice ecaller and wanted to see what y'all recommend... the guy I hunt with use to have a great one and he said they use to fall in to it when they used it but it got stolen and they don't make that caller anymore... sure would appreciate some solid feedback! Thanks!

2. juviesoup

juviesoup Senior Refuge Member

Don't buy one your just throwing a bunch of money away, build one. Theres a sticky with how to make one identical to one of the "commercial" made ecallers (squawk box) its a replica and itll save you about 150-300 dollars over buying one.

3. negooseman

negooseman Senior Refuge Member

Never had any issues with Goosegetter ecallers. For soundtracks it's a personal preference but it seems that the ones that have good clarity and single swuawk seem to be most popular. Most soundtracks come with multiple different tracks on them. Find one you like and run it on a loop.

4. cole carroll

cole carroll New Member

What about sounds though? Like how do you know what's good and what's not? Is steady murmurs good?!? Just curious I'm new as of last year to it!

5. cole carroll

cole carroll New Member

Have you used any other soundtracks? We have been going since last year and the guys I started going with used to go a lot few years ago and they bought one but it got stolen but they said it made them fall in at all times and it was great and they had many 40+ days and like now if we can get 6 that's a great hunt... most we have got was 10... I want bigger numbers however or try to... they always come in sailing and act interested but then they will turn before they get to decoys and flare.. I feel like it's the call

6. negooseman

negooseman Senior Refuge Member

I think the actual sound isn't as important as there being sound. Ecallers are not as effective as they once were. I like tracks with more individual calling than mass sounds. I don't like any murmur sounds. There are so many variances with things that could spook snow geese it's hard to narrow it down to 1 thing unless elaborate on how you hunt them.

7. jzoo

jzoo Senior Refuge Member

What works one day, may not work the next. The most important thing I've found is volume control. Finding the volume sweetspot is more important than the track. At least that has been my experience.

8. prohunter30

prohunter30 New Member

I would look at Snows Down Low. I have about every snow goose track avaible on the market, and 99% of the time i'm using track 5 from snows down low sound tracks.

9. juviesoup

juviesoup Senior Refuge Member

There isn't any one magical track that is going to make snows descend into your decoys with wreckless ambition. Your hide, your location, your decoys, your motion etc are more important IMO than your sound. Your sound is the icing on the cake. Find a track that is high quality and crisp. Single bark tracks are more effective than some out of control mass of geese too. I can't stand feed murmurs. We run upwards of 40 speakers and have every ecaller on single bark tracks.