Editing Program

Discussion in 'Photography Forum' started by GBO, Jan 7, 2018.

1. GBO

GBO Refuge Member

Can anyone recommend a decent, preferably free, editing program for both photo and video? I know little to nothing about photography/videography. I recently bought my wife a Canon 77D. Since it can take both photos and videos, I would like to be able to edit the pictures and maybe add music to the video. I don't even know if there is a combined program for both. I literally know nothing about it :scratch. Please point me in the right direction.

2. GBO

GBO Refuge Member

Also, We have EOS Utility to transfer for pictures to the computer. Does this program have any options to edit?

3. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

I use plain old moviemaker for my videos, and picasa (have to download old version on PC, newer one ok on MAC) for simple editing for photo. If you want to pay some money, of course photoshop is available. You can download the GIMP , which is freeware under the GNU manipulation program. I have that on my Linux computer . Bit of a learning curve, but is a good free alternative.

4. boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy Elite Refuge Member

Canon's DPP is an excellent program for the photos once you learn it.

Rubberhead likes this.
  5. KwickLabs

KwickLabs Elite Refuge Member

I use Corel PhotoShop for photos.......it is less than $100. All the photos in my website were done
    using this program. Diagrams on photos are done with Paint.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For videos, I use "Play Memories Home" which is a free download. The video camera I use is an
    old Sony HandyCam which will download right into the program via my desktop computer. It is in an
    older format, but I can produce my YouTube videos easily. There is a learning curve, but I am retired
    with plenty of time to "play". The videos are mostly done to provide a perspective on how
    retriever training is progressing.

https://www.youtube.com/user/KwickLabs/videos

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  6. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho, Montana/Wyoming Moderator Flyway Manager

7. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho, Montana/Wyoming Moderator Flyway Manager

8. DEC

DEC Elite Refuge Member

If you are looking for free there are two power houses that you can use.

Photos ... Gimp

Video ... Davinci Resolve