editing trail cam video

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting Forum' started by sisqsprig, Aug 3, 2015.

1. sisqsprig

sisqsprig Senior Refuge Member

Can anyone recommend a good program or app to edit trail cam videos? Basically, I just want to delete the portions without animals on them. And crop out the location if that's possible.

2. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

If all you want to do is download to a pc or laptop and delete and save photos buy one of these SD card readers.
    http://www.staples.com/office/suppl...&gclid=CObYyKu0o8cCFQ6SfgodxCsBvg&kpid=974166

It doesn't get any eaiser , you just stick the sd card into the end of the reader then plug it into a usb port.
    If I can do it anyone can..........it opens a folder where you can view the pic's , to delete the pic's you don't want you just click on them then press delete.

Simple to share pic's with friends as well , you click on the pic. and on the left side there are options, one is attach to email.

They are great , I think you will like them.:tu

3. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

If using Windows, just use their "Moviemaker" program. It does all the basic functions you need, including slow motion, editing, etc. You can do a search for others that are available for free as well.

If you are a creative guy who wants a lot of 3D or other effects, the program "Blender" is freeware, which runs under linux, and will allow you to do just about anything you want.